MOUNT VERNON – Experience Mount Vernon invites you to Mount Vernon’s annual Holiday Parade sponsored by Park National Bank on Sunday, Nov. 26 at 3:45 p.m.
The parade will begin on North Main Street and head south around the west side of Public Square and down South Main Street. Parade goers are encouraged to line up on the sidewalks all along both North and South Main Street and to please stay on along the east side of Public Square.
Main Street will be fully closed north of Chestnut Street for traffic, starting at 1 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 26 and the rest of the parade route will close by 2 p.m.
All of Main Street and side streets will open at the conclusion of the parade, with the Square remaining closed until 7 p.m.
Parade goers are encouraged to use public parking lots throughout Downtown and street parking along Gay and Mulberry Streets.
Residents and patrons are asked to remove their vehicles from Main Street by 1 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 26 as personal vehicles will not be accessible from 1 to 4:45 p.m.
Experience Mount Vernon would like to extend a huge thank you to all of our Winter in Downtown sponsors for their contributions that helped make this year’s festivities possible:
- Open Road Renewables for being the Winter in Downtown overall sponsor
- Park National Bank for sponsoring the annual Holiday Parade and Best Overall Parade Entry Award
- Ariel Corporation for sponsoring the Lighting of Public Square and Main Street Lighting
- The Mount Vernon Grand Hotel for sponsoring and hosting Pictures with Santa;
- All of the parade award sponsors:
- Knox Community Hospital (Best Business Entry)
- 90.9 WNZR and MVNU (Best Youth Entry)
- Wendy’s of Mount Vernon (Best Automobile Entry)
- Freedom Fire Protection (Best Service Club/Organization Entry)
- ASE Custom Woodworking (Most Spirited Entry)
- Wilging, Roush, and Parsons CPAs (Best Agricultural Entry)
- Knox County Foundation (Most Humorous Entry)
- Our Media Partners: 100.9 WMVO, 90.0 WNZR, and Knox Pages
- Volunteers from the Experience Mount Vernon board and committees
- The City of Mount Vernon
- All of our downtown merchants for being great downtown hosts to the community!
Please join us before and after the parade to write letters to Santa at the Mount Vernon Grand Hotel, grab a bite to eat at a food truck on the Square, and shop downtown.
Carolers will sing beginning at 4:30 p.m. in front of the Grand Hotel before the Lighting of Public Square ceremony at 5 p.m. Santa will then be available for pictures between 5:30 and 7 p.m. in the lower level of the Mount Vernon Grand Hotel.
To learn more about the Winter in Downtown events visit www.experiencemv.org or find us on Facebook at Experience Mount Vernon.
The Knox Pages Business section is brought to you by Griffin Insurance, your local independent agency.