MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Bret E. Ross was traveling west on E. Gambier St. Daryl A. Ransom was traveling south on S. Main St. Ross ran the red light at the intersection and was struck by Ransom. Ross was cited for running a red light.
- Jennifer K. Waller and William P. Boeshart were traveling north on Martinsburg Red. Boeshart stopped to turn west onto Parrot St. Waller failed to stop and struck Boeshart in the rear. Waller was cited for assured clear distance ahead.
- Jeffrey D. Jacobs was traveling east on Kirk St. Arthur K. Goeppinger backed out of a driveway and struck Jacobs. Goeppinger was cited for starting and backing a vehicle without reasonable safety.
- Roger N. Rardin and a vehicle owned by William R. Kirk were parked in the Mount Vernon Plaza parking lot. Rardin proceeded to travel north striking Kirk's vehicle in the front end. Rardin was cited for failure to control/weaving.
- Lyle B. Turner was intoxicated and thought he was backing into his driveway. He actually backed into a tree causing damage to his rear tail light and bumper. Turner was cited for DUI.
- Audrianna Clupper was at the Adult Parole Authority Office where she was arrested for violation of parole/probation. She was transported to the Knox County Jail where she was found to be in possession of drugs which were confirmed by later tests. The drugs were placed into evidence at the MVPD.
- An officer responded to a business on Coshocton Ave. in reference to a theft that occurred on Sept. 5, 2019. The store manager told the officer on that date he witnessed two white males enter the store and steal a Craftsman inverter. The manager could not identify the two males who left the area in separate vehicles.
- An officer was dispatched to the area of E. Chestnut and N. Division streets on a report of a suspicious male. Upon arrival, the officer made contact with James Matthew Bunzey. The officer had dealt with Bunzey on several occasions that evening during a two-hour span. He had caused a disturbance near Kroger Fuel walking out in front of traffic. He also had trespassed onto the Memorial Theater. The complainant for the current incident stated Bunzey was trespassing on her property and appeared to be looking into her neighbor's windows. Bunzey was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct with persisting.
- An officer was dispatched to N. Division St. on a report of a theft. The officer spoke to the complainant who said she had left an acquaintance to look after he place and her cat while she was in the hospital. When she returned home she found several items missing and her place was a mess. Nothing further to report.
- Two probation officers requested a medic to a N. Gay St. residence on an overdose in progress. When officers arrived they found the female subject breathing and going in and out of consciousness., Officers remained with the female until medics arrived and her care was turned over to the MVFD Medics. The female was then transported to the Knox Community Hospital. There is nothing further to report at this time.
- An officer was dispatched to Mansfield Ave. on a report of a theft from a vehicle. The victim told the officer that unknown person(s) had broken into her unlocked vehicle taking a laptop computer, a back pack, college text books, and several checks. She estimated the value of the items at $2,100. She needed a report for insurance purposes.
- Officers responded to W. High St. on a report of a suspicious male.. The male had been involved in an earlier disturbance and was now arrested for disorderly conduct while intoxicated.
- An officer responded to a Coshocton Ave. business on an employee theft complaint. Written statements, photographs, and video surveillance were obtained. The suspect was issued a summons in lieu of arrest and released. This investigation has been closed.
- An officer was dispatched to Hickory St. for a trespassing complaint. When the officer arrived he spoke to the complainant who advised a male walked from a neighbor's home across their property and onto the street. The complainant told the male, identified as Joseph R.W. Heins, II, to stop trespassing on her property. Heins told officers he had not trespassed onto the property while walking to Hickory St. Heins was arrested and charged with criminal trespass. He was then transported to the Knox County Jail.
Arrests and Citations
- Glen Waggoner, 34,Ransom Rd. was cited for failure to register a vehicle 30 daqys after purchase.
- Owen Raber,31, E. Gambier Rd. was cited for failure to yield while driving onto a roadway.
- James Deboard, 46, N. Main St. was charged with resisting arrest and obstruction of official business.
- Bret Ross, 55, Blanchester, OH, was cited for running a red light.
- Kaitlan Null, 26, Follin Ave. was cited for DUS and expired or unlawful license plates.
- John Serio, 41, n. Mulberry St. was cited for DUS.
- George Walker, 23, Gambier, was cited for DUS.
- James Bunzey, 36, Upper Gilchrist Rd. was arrested for disorderly conduct.
- Jacob Middleton, 23, W. Chestnut St. was cited for driving under FRA suspension.
- Jennifer Waller, 42, Glen Rd. was cited for DUS and assured clear distance.
- Arthur Goeppinger, 79, Cliff St. was cited for starting and backing a vehicle without reasonable care.
- Norman Rose, 53, W. Burgess St. was cited for operator/chauffeur license required.
- Blade Weible, 23, N. Sandusky St. was cited for driving on a temporary permit without a licensed driver and for changing lanes without safety.
- Patrick Banks, 31, S. Catherine St. was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Matthew Ott, Greenwood Ave. was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Shelby Morris, 25, W. Gambier St. was cited for no operator's license.
- Roger Rardin, 81, Vernonview Dr. was cited for failure to control/weaving.
- George Payne, 48, Mitchell Ave. was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Jadriana Fowler, 22, Northview Dr. was charged with telecommunications harassment and menacing by stalking.
- Jessica Henson, 22, Howard, was cited for expired of unlawful license plates.
- Lyle Turner, Coshocton Ave. was cited for DUI and failure to control/weaving.
- Joseph Heins, 20, Adamson St. was arrested and charged with criminal trespass.