MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Michele L. Jacquet was traveling east on Eastwood Ave.. Sharon Prenzlin was traveling south on Vernonview Drive. Jacquet struck Prenzlin in the intersection. Jacquet was cited for failure to yield the right-of-way in an intersection.
- An officer was dispatched to an apartment on Coshocton Ave. in reference to a vandalism complaint. The complainant reported someone slashed his right front tire. The incident is under investigation.
- An officer was dispatched to an apartment on Follin Ave. on a report of a disturbance. When the officer arrived he made contact with all the involved individuals and spoke to them about their conduct. Units were leaving the scene when the males started argue, cuss and challenge each other. Both males were cited for disorderly conduct.
- Officers were dispatched to the 100 block of S. Main St. on a welfare check. Upon arrival, officers discovered a male lying on the living room floor. Mount Vernon Fire Department medics arrived on the scene to assist. Mount Vernon Police department detectives and the Knox County Coroner's Office were contacted and advised. The deceased male was transported to the Coroner's Office for further investigation. This report is being forwarded to the Mount Vernon Police Department's detectives.
- An officer responded to a Clay St. residence on a report of a theft from a vehicle. The complainant reported a 9mm handgun with ammo was stolen from the vehicle. The gun was entered into LEADS as stolen. The suspect is unknown.
- Officers responded to the C.A.&C. Depot on S. Main St. on a theft complaint. A written statement was obtained. The suspect is unknown.
- An officer spoke with a female at the MVPD about as disturbance the occurred earlier that day around 4:00 AM. The female advised Zachary T. Emmert was acting very hostile and aggressive toward her and her 2-month-old child. Emmert was located and arrested for domestic violence and endangering children. He was searched and transported to the Knox County Jail.
- Units were dispatched to Flapper's in reference to a disturbance.
- An officer responded to a W. Sugar St. residence on a report of a theft of two bicycles. The suspect is unknown.
- An officer responded to a Coshocton Ave, business in reference to a shoplifting complaint. When the officer arrived he made contact with the complainant who had the suspect detained in the security office. The complainant stated he observed the suspect place items into his pocket and attempt to leave the store without paying for them. The suspect was issued a summons for petty theft.
Arrests and Citations
- Anthony Morton, 34, Howard St. was arrested for a warrant for probation violation.
- Joseph Gibson, 32, Martinsburg Rd. was arrested for a warrant for probation violation.
- Destiny Stone, 25, Wooster Rd. was arrested for a warrant for probation violation.
- Seth Dowell, 19, Centerburg, was arrested for a warrant for probation violation.
- Austin Schnars, 24, Marengo, was arrested for a warrant.
- Cyle Cunningham, 28, N. Sandusky St., warrant.
- Delia Neel, 21, W. Vine St. was cited for driving under an FRA suspension.
- Andre Plikerd, 26, Follin Ave. was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.
- Danny Dotson, 52, Follin Ave. was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.
- Michele Jacquet, 50, Vincent Rd. was cited for failure to yield right of way at an intersection.
- Shawn Maxwell, 25, Crystal Ave. was cited for short-cutting to avoid traffic control devices.
- John Moberly, 49, Thornville, was cited for short-cutting to avoid traffic control devices.
- Michael Springston, 31,. Upper Gilchrist Rd. was cited for expired or unlawful license plates.
- Jerry Ingles, 55, homeless, was arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- Kelsey Pike, 27, W. Curtis St. arrest on an outstanding warrant.
- Zacherly Emmert, 23, Shalimar Dr. was arrested and charged with domestic violence and endangering children.
- Juan Becerril-Pedraza, 55, Columbus Rd. was cited for no operator's license.
- Michael Miller, 44, Sparta, was arrested for disorderly conduct while intoxicated, obstructing official business, failure to comply with an order, for an outstanding warrant and for an outstanding warrant.
- William Owens, 44, Fredericktown, was cited for running a stop sign.
- Brandon Gayer, 27, N. Sandusky St. was arrested and charged with theft.
- Thomas Updike, 27, Fredericktown, was cited for expired or unlawful plates.
- Rachel Hayes, 36, E. Burgess St. was arrested for criminal mischief.
- Steven Miller, Franklin St. arrest on outstanding warrant.