MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Jeffrey Banbury was backing from a parking space and Brandon O. Alberts was traveling west on W. High St. Banbury struck Alberts. Banbury was cited for backing without safety.
- Sam Swartzentruber was traveling north on Martinsburg Rd. and failed to stop for slowing traffic. Swartzentruber struck Bethany Mutchler who was also traveling north on Martinsburg Rd. pushing her into James D. Wolford. Swartzentruber was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead.
- Charles Michael Chase Carver was traveling south on Mansfield Ave. near Northridge Dr. Eric Schlairet was traveling north on Mansfield Ave. near Northridge Dr. Carver failed to remain in his marked lane and went left of center causing him to strike Schlairet at an angle. Carver was cited for failure to stay in the marked lane.
- Rebecca A. Cook was traveling north on Taylor Rd. when she struck Sarah A. Deakins.. Rear passenger in Cook's vehicle was transported to KCH by EMS. Cook was cited for failure to control/weaving.
- Officers were dispatched to a Coshocton Ave. business for a theft in progress. Upon arrival officers met with the asset protection associate and the suspect. The suspect was issued a summons for theft.
- An officer responded to a report of an animal at large on Marion St. When the officer arrived he located the complainant and the animal off Charles St. The officer went to the residence of the animal's owner but did not make contact. The animal had escaped from the owner's back yard and was coaxed back into the yard by the owner's child. The owner was issued a summons for an animal at large.
- Officers responded to a report of an assault on Coshocton Ave. The suspect was located and charged with assault.
- An officer was dispatched to a business on Columbus Rd. on a report of a known individual trespassing on the property. Nothing further to report at this time.
- An officer responded to a Newark Rd. address on a vandalism complaint. A written statement was obtained and photographs taken. The suspect is unknown at this time. The case is closed but will be reopened if a suspect is identified or any new leads are developed.
- Officers responded to a Columbus Rd. business on a report of a male who had been previously trespassed, who was yelling. The suspect was arrested without incident.
- Officers were dispatched to the area of Newark Rd. and S. Main t. on a possible road rage incident. The caller reported a male subject had cut him off in traffic and proceeded to “brake check” him while traveling north.
Arrests and Citations.
- Field Harris, 49, Upper Gilchrist Rd. was charged with theft without consent.
- Jessica VanHouten, 33, W. Vine St. was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.
- Kyle Horner, 25, Howard,was arrested on an outstanding warrant. He was also cited for driving under suspension/revocation.
- Jeremy Blankenship, 35, Sunset St. was arrested and charged with curfew violation and aiding and abetting. He was also cited for driving under an FRA suspension.
- Gloria Camarillo-Kelley, 17, E. Ohio Ave. was arrested and charged with curfew violation.
- Alayna Hoeflich, 18, N. Division St. was arrested and charged with drug paraphernalia and curfew violation:aiding and abetting.
- Delenn Heffelfinger, 20 ,Range Line Rd. rested for probation violation.
- Jeffrey Banbury, 67, Bowling Green, was cited for starting and backing vehicles.
- Laura Alberts, 31, Rose Ave. was cited for starting and backing vehicles.
- Timothy Patterson, 42, Plaza Dr. was charged with theft.
- Jennifer Stokes-Blankenship, 41, was arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- Mickey Wood, 19, Bellville, was cited for expired or unlawful plates.
- Tammy Little, 44, Marion, was cited fordriving under suspension/revocation.
- Judy Sabados, 50, Marion St. was arrested for animals running at large.
- Sam Swartzentruber, 21, Martinsburg, was cited for assured clear distance ahead.
- Dalton Smith, 25, was cited for driving under a 12 point suspension.
- Tina Shepard, 51, Homeless, was charged with criminal trespass.
- Lezah Cook, 33, N. Division St. was arrested and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and with possessing drug abuse instruments.
- Joshua Sowards, 40, N. Division St. was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and also cited for driving under an FRA suspension.
- Tara Huff, 28, S. Jefferson St. was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Debra Huff, 52, S. Jefferson St. was cited for driving under suspension/revocation.
- Charles Carver, 25, S. West St. was cited for failure to reinstate driver's license, failure to stop after an accident, and failure to drive in marker/continuous lines. He was also charged with illegal use or possession and arrest on an outstanding warrant. His vehicle was impounded and towed.
- Kevin Curtis, 34, Columbus Rd. was arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- Dean Barnett, 58, Hickory St. was cited for driving under an FRA suspension.
- James Schaade, 30, Coshocton Rd. was cited for DUS.
- Matthew Knipp. 33, Oak St. was arrested and charged with criminal trespass.
- Christina Priddy, 43, Morris St. was cited for failure to display valid plated and for expired or unlawful plates.
- Rebecca Cook, 35, Wooster Rd. was cited for failure to control/weaving.
- Sarah Deakins, 27, Ringold St. was cited for expired or unlawful plates.