MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- William C. Chaney was making a left turn into the YMCA alley when the rear of his box truck sideswiped a vehicle owned by Richard D. Warner which was parked in a proper parking stall. Chaney was issued a citation for failure to control.
- An unknown driver made an improper turn at the intersection of Belmont Ave. and Cassil Rd. 1 struck a detour sign, a stop sign and a utility pole. They fled the scene.
- Vanessa M. Schubert was traveling east on E. High St. Cynthia D. Golomb failed to yield at the intersection of E. High St. and Edgewood Dr. and was struck by Schubert. Golomb was cited for failure to yield.
- Jessica Blair was parked at the pump when Chazity Lester backed up from beside the building, striking Blair on the passenger side, rear corner according to an independent witness. Lester spoke to Blair in an attempt to pay her $60.00 for the damages. Blair refused and Lester left the scene. The officer was able to track Lester down. After her Miranda warning Lester, who was under a license forfeiture suspension, stated she just wanted to get out of there because of the suspension and because Blair was yelling at her. Lester was cited for the DUS, wanton/willful disregard on private property, and failing to stop or report after an accident on private property. Blair and the witness provided written statements.
- Allie D. Gleason and Keeleigh K. Johnston were traveling north on S. Main St. Johnston stopped abruptly in traffic for a vehicle that pulled out in front of them. Gleason then struck Johnston in the rear.
- An officer responded to 5 N. Gay St. (MVPD) for report of vandalism that occurred at Loews. When the officer arrived he spoke to the complainant who stated someone struck her vehicle with a shopping cart. A written statement was collected and a report made.
- An officer responded to W. Gambier St. for a reported burglary. When the officer arrived they spoke to the complainant who stated someone broke into the garage he rents at that address. A statement was left to complete. The complainant believed several items were missing but was unsure exactly what.
- Officers were dispatched to assist probation at a residence on W. Vine St. in reference to an outstanding warrant.
- An officer responded to the City Law Director's Office in reference to a domestic violence investigation. The investigation continues.
- An officer responded to a residence on Braddock St. in reference to a reported burglary. A report was taken and will be forwarded to the detective division for further review.
- An officer responded to a complaint of a fight at Memorial Park.
- A business on Coshocton Ave. reported an associate had been caught stealing from the business. The associate admitted the theft and was issued a summons for theft and released.
- An officer responded to Clinton St. in reference to threats made. A report will be forwarded to the City Prosecutor to review for possible charges.
- Alexis Wade – arrest on outstanding warrant.
- Ayden N. Dible – arrest on outstanding warrant.
- Daniel Lee Hawk – arrest on outstanding warrant.
- Zearl Lee Mitchem, Jr. – arrest on outstanding warrant.
- William Chandler Chaney – failure to control.
- Cynthia D. Golomb – Rules for turns at intersections.
- Charles Edward Huff – red light.
- Winston E. Burnom – Expired license plates.
- Rebekah April Davison – OVI, refuse chemical test.
- Rebekah April Davison – Reckless operation.
- Rebekah April Davison – OVI, under the influence.
- Max William Bricker – DUS.
- Justin K. Counts – Operator/chauffeur license required.
- Desteni Lee Peters – expired license plates.