MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Emma Katherine Oswald and Michelle Lynn Parrish were traveling west on W, High St. Parrish stopped to turn south on Fountain St. Oswald failed to see Parrish stopped and struck her in the rear end. Oswald was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead.
- Officers were dispatched to the 100 block of Coshocton Ave. for a report of a disturbance. When the officers arrived they spoke with the complainant who told them he and the suspect had gotten into a verbal argument. The complainant said the suspect grabbed him by the neck then left the apartment. The suspect was contacted but refused to cooperate. A statement was collected and pictures were taken. This report was forwarded to the City Law Director's Office to review for charges.
- At about 8:29 PM officers were dispatched to an Ash St. apartment for a report of a disturbance. When the officers arrived they spoke with the suspect and advised him of the complaint. The suspect agreed to rectify the situation. Shortly after this, the officers were dispatched back to Ash St. for another complaint against the suspect. He was issued two minor misdemeanor citations for disorderly conduct, one of which was for unreasonable noise and the other for insulting/taunting the complainant.
- Two complainants reported fraudulent transactions on their joint checking account. The investigation continues.
- An officer reported to Burch St. in reference to a vandalism complaint. The complainant said he arrived home from work and noticed his front door had been damaged. There is nothing further to report.
Arrests and Citations
- Brandon Green, 33, Harcourt Rd. was cited for leaving the scene of an accident on private property, reckless operation/off street and failure to control.
- Heather Trombley, 26, Marion St., was charged with possessing drug abuse instruments.
- Gary Hawk, 38, Ash St. was cited for driving under an FRA suspension.
- Dalton Smith, 25, W. High St. was arrested for an outstanding warrant and another warrant for probation violation.
- Teresa Hiles, 52, Harcourt Rd. was cited for driving under suspension/revocation.
- Matthew Reppart, 44, homeless, was charged with assault.
- Emma Oswald, 19, Howard, was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead.
- Honey Morrison, 18, Springwater Rd. was cited for no driver's license.
- Jeffrey Wright, 48, Ash St. was charged with two counts of disorderly conduct.
- Jeffrey Wright, 48, Ash St. was charged with one count of disorderly conduct with persisting.
- Samantha Hyatt. 36, W. Gambier St. was cited for driving under an FRA suspension.
- Patricia Hennis, 61, Howard, was cited for speeding.
- Heather Laher, 46, Fredericktown,was cited for expired or unlawful plates.
- Jeffery Wright, 48, Ash St.was arrested for an outstanding warrant and for open container.
- Robert Love, 32, Shalimar Dr. arrest on an outstanding warrant.