Mount Vernon Police Department
- Cynthia Levering was traveling east on Clinton Rd. approaching the intersection at Mansfield Ave. Robert Kempen was traveling north on Mansfield Ave. approaching Clinton Rd. Kempen started to turn right heading south on Mansfield Ave. At the same time, Levering was making a turn onto Clinton Rd. Levering crossed the center line during the turn, Levering and Kempen struck each other. Levering was cited for an improper left turn at an intersection.
- Kristopher S. Poland and Charles Thomas Ryan were traveling south on S. Mulberry St. Poland was in the right lane and Ryan was in the left lane. Poland traveled into the left lane an d struck Ryan. Poland was cited for making an improper turn at an intersection.
- All units were traveling west on Coshocton Ave. near Verndale Dr. Patricia A. Hill failed to notice Sara Rose Gerhart slowing for traffic and struck her in the rear causing her vehicle to strike Luisa Barone Gantt. in the rear. Hill was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead.
- Eva Patricia Graham and Mary Jane Schlairet were stopped/slowed in traffic heading east on E. High St. Graham struck the rear of Schlairet who had stopped for a red traffic light. Graham was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance.
- At approximately 10:04 an officer responded to a N . Mulberry St. in reference to the theft of a trailer. There is nothing further to report at this time. Any new information will be supplemented to this report.
- At approximately 1:45 AM units were advised that the Knox County Sheriff's Office was at a residence on Crestview Dr. in reference to an overdose and needed assistance locating an unknown person who had left the scene. The investigation is continuing.
- At 11:14 AM an officer responded to a Beech St. apartment on a theft complaint. A report was filed of the alleged incident. The officer secured an item of evidence from the scene and placed it into an evidence locker. A written statement was obtained The investigation has been forwarded to the Mount Vernon Police Department Detective Division for investigation.
- An officer was dispatched to Upper Fredericktown Rd. for a report of a theft from a vehicle. A report was taken.
- At approximately 11:26 A M, officers responded to McGibney Rd. on a vandalism call.
- An officer was dispatched to Knox Community Hospital to investigate an assault. Jamie Shoemaker was arrested and charged with assault. Thomas Smith was arrested and charged with assault and unlawful restraint. Both were transported to Knox County Jail.
- An officer was dispatched to MVPD on a report of an assault. The officer spoke with a female in reference to the assault and a report was taken for review of charges. There is nothing further to report.
- Jamie L. Shoemaker – assault.
- Thomas C. Smith, Jr. - two counts of assault.
- Robert Todd Balcom – domestic violence.
- Cynthia Levering – improper left turn at an intersection.
- Kristopher Scott Poland – improper left turn at an intersection.
- Donna L. Spinks – Operation @ a stop sign.
- Catheryn J. Bell – Operation @ a stop sign.
- Eva P. Graham – Assured clear distance ahead.
- Debra D. Schilling – Driving under an FRA suspension.
- Lea Ann Kearns – Operation @ a stop sign.
- Austin . Jordan - Seat belt.
- Bryan Joseph Carpenter – Operation @ a stop sign