MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Dennis W. Gillespie was westbound and stopped in traffic. Arthur K. Goeppinger was backing from a parking space and struck Gillespie.
- Russell V. Weber and Peggy L. Harrison were traveling west on Coshocton Ave. in the right hand lane. Unit Harrison slowed to turn north into the Walmart entrance. Weber failed to stop, striking in the rear-end. Harrison. Weber was cited for assured clear distance ahead.
- Hunter Keller was traveling south on Newark Rd. and failed to slow for stopped traffic ahead. Keller struck Marjorie E. Greenwald in the rear-end. Keller was cited for assured clear distance ahead.
- Betty Jean Conners was traveling north on Vernonview Dr. Chanzler M. Richmer was traveling south on Vernonview Dr. Conners proceeded to turn east onto Coshocton Ave. proceeding directly into the inside lane of travel, closest to the curb, striking Richmer in the right side as he was turning east onto Coshocton Ave. in the inside lane of travel. Conners was cited for improper turning at an intersection.
- Thomas E. Felda was traveling south on Newark Rd. when two deer crossed the road causing Felda to hit them.
- Brady D. Swihart was traveling south on S. Main St. approaching a flashing yellow light at Parrott St. when Jerry E. Adams entered the intersection failing to yield to Swihart causing a crash. Adams said he did stop at the flashing red light and thought he had time to get through the intersection before Swihart got there. Adams was cited for failure to yield right of way at an intersection.
- An officer responded to an assault complaint on E. Ohio Ave. When the officer arrived on scene, he spoke with the victim and a witness. Written statements were obtained. Charges were filed for reckless assault and a warrant was issued for Susan A. Blubaugh's arrest. Cuyahoga County also issued a holder arrest for parole violation.
- An officer responded to Cottage St. for a report of criminal mischief. A report will be filed for the prosecutor to review.
- An officer responded to a Coshocton Ave. business for a shoplifting complaint. A written statement and a copy of the video surveillance. Contact was made with the alleged suspecdt5 and a criminal trespass warning was issued to her for all Dollar General properties. This investigation has been closed.
- An officer spoke with a male victim who advised his vehicle had been damaged overnight. A report was taken.
- At 12:38 AM, two officers responded to W. Gambier St. In reference to a disturbance. When the officers arrived they mad contact with the two individuals who had been fighting with each others. The individuals were warned about their conduct and released. A short time later the individuals began to fight again and the female ended up with several injuries. The male was later placed under arrest.
- Guy Alan Mills - white light on front/visible 500 ft.
- Delenn Heffelfinger – expired license plates and driving under FRA suspension.
- Garry W. Burgett, Jr. - Failure to display both license plates.
- Joseph R. Heins – Driving under FRA suspension.
- Scotty A. Keener – Driving under FRA suspension.
- Hilary L. Myers – Driving under FRA suspension.
- Clifford D. Cantwell, II – Stop sign violation.
- Lauren Elizabeth Flower – Seat belt violation.
- Jerry E. Adams. Jr. - failure to yield right-of-way at an intersection.
- Hunter C. Keller – Assured clear distance ahead.
- Dana Andrew Smith – Assault.
- Dana Andrew Smith – Domestic violence.
- Hilary L. Myers – Arrest on outstanding warrant.