MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Robert Ball's vehicle was parked at 911 Coshocton Ave. when it was struck by an unknown driver. The unknown driver left the scene without leaving any contact information
- Brittany Bailey was traveling east on Vine St. when it struck Joshua Hill's vehicle which was parked on E. Vine St. Injuries were reported and the injured were transported to Knox Community Hospital for treatment. Bailey was cited for driving under the influence.
- Melissa R. Taylor was traveling north on Gay St. when she ran a red light at Gambier St. causing a crash with Jeffrey A. Grandstaff. Grandstaff stated he was traveling east on Gambier St. When he entered the intersection on a green light and was struck by Taylor. Taylor was cited for a red light violation.
- Cornelia Carpenter was stopped southbound in the entrance to the Donato's Pizza parking lot. Janet M. Zook was traveling west on W. High St. Carpenter attempted to turn eastbound onto W. High St. failing to see Zook. Carpenter struck Zook. Carpenter was cited for failure to yield when turning onto a roadway.
- The complainant advised he was missing property. Nothing further to report.
- An officer responded to E. Burgess St. on a report of found property. The property was received and logged in as found property. There is nothing further to report.
- An officer responded to Dogwood Ter. In reference to a theft from a vehicle complaint. The complainant reported a Q-Link cell phone was taken from his front passenger seat while he was in the library.
- An officer responded to Coshocton Ave. on a report of a found needle. The evidence was collected and the investigation is ongoing.
- Units were dispatched to E. Vine St. near Gay St. in reference to a traffic crash with injuries. Both driver and passenger were transported to Knox Community Hospital for further evaluation.
- An officer responded to E. Hamtramck St. in reference to a domestic violence complaint. Statement sheets were left with the complainant to fill out. A report will be filed.
Arrests and Citations
- Thomas Glick, 27, W. Burgess St. was charged with assault.
- Joseph Fulton, 325, W. Chestnut St. was arrested and charged with criminal damaging.
- Jeffrey Petrey, 46, E. Hamtramck St. was arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- Amber Morningstar, 29, Gambier, was cited for DUI and for a DUI within 20 years of the previous violation.
- Richard Hill, 40, Ames St. was arrested and charged with theft.
- Jody Hall, 19, W. Pleasant St. was cited for expired or unlawful plates.
- Chandler Evans, 19, Edison, OH, was cited for DUI and exhaust system violation.
- Joseph Fulton, 35, W. Chestnut St. was arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- Melissa Taylor, 37, Murray Rd. was cited for a red light violation.
- Brittany Bailey, 23, Howard, was cited for DUI and failure to control.
- Jenee Hall, 34, Wooster Rd. was cited for DUS license forfeiture suspension and expired or unlawful plates.
- Shaun Farrell, 35, Akron, was cited for expired or unlawful plates.
- Kaylan Kirk, 18, Lewis Center, OH, was arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- Cornelia Carpenter, 24, Howard, was cited for failure to yield.