MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Jose Castro was traveling north on S. Main St. in the left turn, lane to turn onto Columbus Rd. Castro failed to yield the right-of-way to traffic northbound on Columbus Rd. and collided with Lexis N. Carder at the intersection. Castro was cited for failure to yield the right-of-way when turning left.
- Valerie J. Price was traveling west on Coshocton Ave. when a deer ran into the roadway. Price struck the deer with the front end of her vehicle. The deer fled the scene before the arrival of officers.
- Morgan E. Tedrick was recklessly operating his vehicle on the Parrott St. Extension near Columbus Rd. causing him to lose control,of his vehicle and collide with a fence and a mailbox. He then left the scene. Tedrick was cited for reckless operation.
- Two officers responded to a possible burglary in progress on S. Jefferson St. The suspects were identified and verbal statements were obtained from the property owner. The incident is under further investigation.
- An officer was dispatched to a Coshocton Ave. business on a shoplifting complaint. When the officer arrived at the scene he found the suspect in the security office and spoke with her. The suspect was issued a summons for petty theft and released.
- Two officers responded to a Mcgibney Rd. residence on a report of a disturbance. The officers spoke with the complainants who said they were both assaulted. Statements were collected and this report will be forwarded to the City Law Director's Office for further review.
Arrests and Citations
- Barth Miesse, 58, Howard was cited for failure to reinstate driver's license.
- Jose Castro, 50, W. High St. was cited for failure to yield when turning left.
- Sevin Barthel, 27, Westerville, was cited for fictitious plates.
- Ronald Hoeflich, 40, S. Catherine St. was cited for DUS.
- Matthew Reppart, 45, No Address, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Brooklyn Miller, 21, N. Rogers St. was arrested and charged with possession of drug abuse instruments and on a warrant for probation violation.
- Brandon Crook, 22, Newark, was cited for driving on a temp permit without a licensed driver.
- Renee Tucker, 42, Ft. Myers FL, was cited for no operator's license.
- Jamie Shuler, 34, Marengo, was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Organ Ted, 27, Mount Gilead, was cited for leaving the scene of an accident on private property and reckless operation off-street.