MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Justin R. Brumfield was traveling north on S. Main St. Harry S. Shepherd, Jr. was traveling south on S. Main St. Brumfield indicated his brakes malfunctioned causing him to lose control of his vehicle. He proceeded left of center causing Shepherd to strike him on the right side. Brumfield then collided with the concrete bridge support where he came to rest. Brumfield was cited for driving an unsafe vehicle.
- Tyler A. Shaw proceeded east on a Coleman Trail mini bike on a grassy area and struck a ditch. Shaw was transported to Knox Community Hospital by the Mount Vernon Fire Department with unspecified injuries.
- Joshua A. Lester was traveling north on Martinsburg Rd. when the vehicle's steering components malfunctioned. 1 slowed and pulled to the right side of the roadway hitting a posted sign before coming to rest.
- At 9:52 AM a call of shots fired was reported in the area of Family Video. The officer made contact with a male with a blown-out bicycle tire. A small amount of green leafy substance was found inside a cigarette pack and was secured to be destroyed.
- An officer responded to a Coshocton Ave. apartment on a theft complaint. The officer spoke with a female and obtained a written statement.
- A female contacted the MVPD about a male showing up at her place of work several days in a row. A report was taken.
- Officers responded to a residence on S. Jefferson St. about a stabbing One male was taken to KCH for medical treatment. This report will be forwarded to the Knox County Prosecutor's Office for review.
Arrests and Citations
- Anthony Seefeldt, 29, Mansfield, was arrested for possession of drug abuse instruments.
- Kylee Miracle, 21, No Address, was arrested for possession of drug abuse instruments and for a warrant for probation violation.
- Michael Miller, 36, Walnut St. was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Justin Brumfield, 24, W. Vine St. was cited for driving an unsafe vehicle.
- Shannon Brown, 30, W. Burgess St. was cited for driving under an FRA suspension.
- Mark Lattimore, 34, Mitchell Ave. was cited for driving under an FRA suspension.
- Rachel Mumaw, 39, No Address, was cited for expired or unlawful license plates.
- Julie Vanmeteer, 59, Camp Rd. was cited for ACDA.
- Luther Wells, 41, Fredericktown, was cited for DUS FRA suspension.