MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- John Paul Roach and Kyle Scott Kline were traveling south on Martinsburg Rd when Kline stopped for traffic ahead. Roach failed to stop striking Kline in the rear-end. Roach was cited for assured clear distance ahead.
- Benjamin Russel Keller was traveling south on N. Sandusky St. Preston Dale Rose and Mark A. Shoaf were traveling north on N. Sandusky Sr. Keller drifted left of center striking Rose and Shoaf in passing. Keller was cited for failure to control/weaving.
- Melissa Smith was attempting to make a left turn into a business. Joyce Belton was traveling west on Coshocton Ave. Smith proceeded to make the left turn and struck Belton. Smith was cited for failure to yield.
- A male complainant who lives on Calhoun St. reported a theft. There are no suspects at this time. A report was filed.
- An officer was dispatched to N. Mulberry St. near W. Burgess St. for a domestic violence incident. Chelsea Crum was arrested and incarcerated in Knox County Jail.
- Two officers were dispatched to W. Chestnut St. multiple times for disturbances. The two persons involved were warned about their conduct each time. A short time later officers were dispatched back to the incident location for another disturbance. Both suspects were issued summonses for disorderly conduct with persisting.
- The suspect was observed consuming an alcoholic beverage while standing on the sidewalk near N. Sandusky St. and W. Chestnut St. The suspect was issued a summons for open container.
- A complainant came to the MVPD to report fraudulent unemployment compensation. A statement was collected and the complainant was referred to the Ohio Job and Family Services fraud department.
- An officer responded to the MVPD Office for a theft complaint. A report was filed for the incident.
- An officer spoke with a female complainant who reported her elderly grandmother had been scammed out of nearly $5,000. A report was filed.
- Officers responded to Coshocton Ave. for a welfare check on a male in an altered mental state. The male was located walking in the middle of Coshocton Ave.. He became aggressive with officers at the scene and began fighting with them. He was subsequently arrested. This report will be forwarded to the Knox County Prosecutor's Office for possible charges.
- An officer responded to an animal bite complaint on Kenyon St. Animal control was notified for4 follow-up.
- Officers responded to a disturbance complaint on Commerce Dr. this report will be sent to the Knox County Prosecutor's Office for review.
- An officer responded to a lost/found property call at KCH. The found property was placed into evidence to be destroyed.
- An officer responded to a residence on Chester St. in reference to a vandalism complaint. Nothing further to report.
- Michael Lewis Kuhn, Jr. - Speed
- James W. Black – Driving under FRA suspension
- Miranda Marie White – Speed
- Lexus Adel Robinson -DUS and 2 headlights required
- John Paul Roach – Operator/chauffeur license required and assured clear distance ahead
- Benjamin Russell Keller – Failure to control/weaving
- Preston dale Rose – Failure to control/weaving and expired license plates
- Keithan Quordra Furr - DUS
- Robert Hubbard – Driving under FRA suspension and failure to display both plates
- Melissa M. Smith – failure to yield
- Jalal Echchaib – Red light violation
- Mary J. Wheeler – No tail lights or license plate light
- Amanda G. Price – No tail lights or license plate light.
- Matthew James Sharp, II – OVI and driving under FRA suspension
- Chelsea Renee Crum – Assault and domestic violence