MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Terry J. Wohlford was backing from a marked parking spot and backed into Carole Ruth Goosens.
- Jason D. Day was traveling north on S. Gay St. in the west lane. Rosemary Wallace was also traveling north in the east lane and attempted to change lanes hitting Day in the front passenger side. Wallace was cited for changing lanes without safety.
- John Stratford was traveling north on Vernonview Dr. Ethan A. Tucker was traveling east across Vernonview Dr. on a bicycle. Tucker cut through traffic, entered the northbound lane and was struck by Stratford. Tucker was cited for failure to yield right of way.
- Dennis A. Smith was traveling south on S. Main St. approaching the intersection with W. Vine St. S. Main St. is under construction. Smith crossed over W. Vine St. and the vehicle's exhaust headers struck the pavement bending them. The officer noted there were no construction signs or ant warning that the intersection was rough and could cause damage.
- Ethan T. Miller and Allison Nicole Helmick were traveling south on Newark Rd./ SR 13. Helmick was turning left at the Parrot St. intersection ands struck Miller in the right rear as he was passing in the turning lane. Miller was cited for passing on the left.
- Kyle Hart and Madison Joann Perry were traveling east on Phillips Drive. Hart began to switch lanes and side-swiped Perry. Hart was cited for changing lanes without safety.
- At approximately 10:23 AM a vehicle was stopped and the suspect was cited with possession of drug paraphernalia.
- At approximately 4:14 PM an officer responded to Mitchell Ave. in response to a theft from a storage unit. When the officer arrived he spoke to the victim who said he was organizing his items and noticed several items missing. An investigation is pending.
- Officers were dispatched to the 100 block of E. Hamtramck St. in response to a report of a disturbance. Upon arrival, the officers spoke to the complainant and suspect, Nichole K. Beyers. The complainant told officers she was assaulted by Byers over an argument about a phone charger. Byers was arrested and charged with domestic violence and transported to the Knox County Jail.
- An officer redsponded to a residence on Ridgewood Ave. on a report of a disturbance. When the officer arrived he met with the complainant who reported her ex-boyfriend had threatened her and stole a bicycle from the garage. The officer took photographs and obtained a written statement.
- Officers responded to a residence on Plaza Dr. in reference to a shots fired call. Lloyd Tucker was arrested and charged with throwing or shooting missiles, menacing, and domestic violence.
- A caller reported a vehicle parked on W. Chestnut had been vandalized. The caller said the damage occurred between 6/14/19 at 8:30 PM to 6/15/19 at 8:00 AM. There are no suspects.
- Officers were dispatched to Town Center on N. Sandusky St. for a disturbance. While en route, dispatch advised a description of the male causing the description causing the disturbance. One of the officers said the description fit Daniel Joseph Huffman. An officer viewed the security tape at Town Center and confirmed the identity. Two officers went to Huffman's home and he stated he had been at Town Center. He was arrested for criminal mischief. While en route to the Knox County Jail Huffman started banging his head on the cage causing a laceration on his forehead. He was transported to KCH for medical treatment.
- Officers responded to Speedway in reference to a disturbance. Alyssa Roman was arrested and charged with petty theft and disorderly conduct with persisting.
- An officer responded to an apartment on Follin Ave. in an attempt to serve a traffic citation. Upon arrival, the officer knocked on the door and it suddenly opened. He announced himself several times but there was no response. He entered the residence in an attempt to locate someone,but was unsuccessful. The officer left his business card on the front door and closed it.
- An officer was dispatched to a Coshocton Ave. business in reference to a shoplifting incident. He located one of the suspects and placed her under arrest for complicity. The other suspect was located several hours later and placed under arrest.
- Units were dispatched to a Coshocton Ave. residence in reference to a disturbance. Contact was made with all parties and after investigation, Destiny Dqavis was arrested and charged with domestic violence and assault. She was transported to the Knox County and released to jail staff.
- Units were dispatched to an apartment on Randy Dr. The complainant stated the father of her child broke into her apartment. The male left the premises prior to the arrival of officers. He was later arrested by the Knox County Sheriff's Office on a probation violation.
Arrests and Citations
- Seth Dowell, 19, Centerburg was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Thomas Higgins, 41, N. Sandusky St. was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Cierra Steigerwald, 31, Fredericktown, was arrested for DUS.
- Rosemary Wallace, 73, Clarence Ct. was cited for changing lanes without safety.
- Paul Scott, 23, W. Vine St. was arrested for possession of drug abuse instruments
- Patrick Banks, 30, S. Catherine St. was arrested on two outstanding warrants.
- Nicole Byers, 29, E. Hamtramck St. was arrested and charged with domestic violence and assault. She was also arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- Lloyd Tucker, 40, Plaza Dr. was arrested and charged with discharging firearms within the city, domestic violence, and menacing.
- Daniel Huffman, 32 Washington St. was arrested and charged with criminal mischief, resisting arrest, and felonious assault.
- Cameron Beckett, 19, Howard, was cited for driving under 12 point suspension.
- Nickolas Cutlip, 20, Granville Rd. was cited for driving under an FRA suspension.
- Ethan Miller, 26, Martinsburg Rd. was cited for passing on the left.
- Marsha Delong. 45, Shirley Ave. was arrested on an outstanding warrant and arrested for marijuana drug paraphernalia.
- Christopher Gurtler, 51, Lohr Rd. was cited for expired or unlawful license plates.
- Alexander Blain, 24, W. Vine St. was cited for DUS.
- Katelan Null, 25, Follin Ave. was cited for window tint.
- Terra Ellis, 46, Howard St. was cited for DUS.
- Karraghan Peters, 18, Courtland Dr. was arrested and charged with marijuana drug paraphernalia.
- Kyle Hart, 25, Mink St. was cited for changing lanes without safety.
- Altssa Roman,26, W. High St. was arrested and charged with theft and disorderly conduct with persisting.
- Lisa Mondillo, 47, homeless, was arrested on a warrant for probation violation.
- Alexander Rosainsaki, 29, Columbus, was cited for DUS.
- Dylan Stull, 32, Old Mansfield Rd. was arrested for theft.
- Destiny Davis, 21, Coshocton Ave. was arrested for domestic violence and assault.