MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Stephen Lee Backus was attempting to park in aisle 11 in the Walmart parking lot when he struck a vehicle owned by Dawn R. Snyder.. There were no injuries. Backus was cited for having no licensed driver with a driver with a temporary permit.
- An officer investigated a report of a suspicious vehicle on N. Sandusky St. Charges will be sent to the Knox County Prosecutor's Office.
- An officer was dispatched to W. Burgess for a domestic violence incident. Johnny Humphrey was arrested and charged with domestic violence and assault.
- An officer was at Knox Community Hospital when the charge nurse advised him of an assault in room #1. The officer spoke with the female in room #1 and determined an act of domestic violence had taken place. A report was completed with charges.
- An officer was dispatched to Goodwill on Upper Gilchrist Rd. in reference to a theft. There is nothing further to report at this time.
- An officer responded to W. Gambier St. for an alleged assault complaint. Written statements and photographs were taken. The suspect fled the scene prior to the officer's arrival. The officer issued a charge of assault with a warrant for the suspect's arrest. A protection order was also issued for the victim.
- An officer responded to McGibney Rd. for a parking complaint. The vehicle had a 48 hour hold placed on it and it has expired. The officer impounded the vehicle as an abandoned vehicle. The vehicle was towed and no charges were filed. The investigation is closed.
- A female who lives outside of Mount Vernon reported a theft while at a business on Martinsburg Rd. A report was filed.
- An officer was patrolling the area around Town Center on N. Sandusky St. and observed a silver Jeep Cherokee belonging to a female associated with Jeremiah S. O'Neill who had a warrant against him. O'Neill was observed lying in the backseat. Dispatch advised O'Neill had several arrest warrants Wyandot Common Pleas, Mount Vernon Municipal and Knox County Juvenile courts. O'Neill was secured in handcuffs, searched and transported to Knox County Jail. There is nothing further to report.
- An officer responded to a report of a deer struck on Mount Vernon Ave. When the officer arrived, the deer was dispatched and removed from the roadway. A report was made.
- An officer was patrolling the area of N. Sandusky St. and Belmont Ave. and observed the suspect at Town Center gas station, from which he had been banned. The suspect was issued a curt summons for criminal trespass.
- At approximately 11:00 PM units were watching a house known for drug activity. Units observed a vehicle leaver the house with no headlights on. The officer at the scene observed the vehicle go past him and saw Nicholas M. Hamilton driving the vehicle. Hamilton had a warrant for his arrest and a traffic stop was made. However, Hamilton fled the scene going at a high rate of speed into the county and back into the city when he crashed near Mount Vernon Ave. This report will be forwarded to the Knox County Prosecutor's Office for charges.
- Dusten Raymond Bell – DUS, FRA and random verification suspension.
- Stephen Lee Backus – temporary permit without licensed driver.
- Cody J. Bevington – ACDA.
- Carrie L. Keller – Starting and backing vehicles.
- Rex E. Haddix, II – FRA suspension.
- Christopher Ian Goodall – Speed.
- Rochelle R. Renninger – DUS.
- Rochelle R. Renninger – Wrong way on one-way street.
- Michael Willard Kromoff – DUS, all other suspension.
- Heather Watts – Window tint violation.
- Jessica L. Maglott – Red light.
- Timberly Klintworth – FRA suspension.
- Patrick Jewell Banks – Outstanding warrant.
- Sammie L. Bethea – Domestic violence.
- Johnny L. Humphrey, Jr. Assault.
- Vaughn Stoutenburgh – Outstanding warrant.
- Denny Wade Dilldine – Outstanding warrant.
- Jeremiah Shon O'Neill – Outstanding warrants.