MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- An unknown was traveling east on Yauger Rd. when they lost control of his vehicle. They ran off the the left side of the road and struck a stone wall. They then fled the scene without reporting the crash.
- In the west lane approaching the intersection at W. Ohio Ave. south
- Carolyn Jean Luff was traveling east on Coshocton Ave. and was attempting to turn, left into 941 Coshocton Ave. when she was struck by Micheal L. Smith who was traveling west on Coshocton Ave. Luff also struck a “No Left Turn” sign. Luff was cited for failure to yield.
- Kia K. Theibert was traveling west on W. Ohio Ave. approaching the intersection at S. Mulberry St. Amy Jo Joyner was traveling south in the west lane approaching the intersection at W. Ohio Ave. Theibert entered the intersection while having the green light and was struck by Joyner who ran the red light. After impact, Joyner spun around and struck the building at 20 W. Ohio Ave. causing damage to the building. Meanwhile Theibert struck a pole at the corner of W. Ohio Ave. Joyner was cited for running a red light.
- Barbara Jean Nicholson lost control while proceeding north on Woodlake Trail and ran off the right side of the road striking a sign.
- Debra F. Schirtzinger was traveling south on Newark Rd. An unknown vehicle pulled off of Melick St. onto Newark Rd. also traveling south. Schirtzinger hit the brakes and tried to avoid the unknown vehicle by turning left and slid sideways causing the right rear of Schirtzinger's vehicle to collide with the rear of the unknown vehicle.
- William E. Henkel was traveling east on Coshocton Ave. and failed to stop for traffic ahead. Henkel struck Paul D. H. Ruthenbeck in the rear forcing Ruthenbeck into the rear of Roy E. Sipe. Henkel was cited for assured clear distance ahead.
- A female who lives on E. Burgess St. reported a theft. There are no suspects.
- An officer responded to a residence on the 700 block of E. Vine St. in reference to a theft of a package from a front porch. A report was filed. The suspect is unknown.
- An officer was dispatched to the 600 block of N. Gay St. for a theft. When the officer arrived he spoke with the complainant who said at approximately 2:00 AM his security cam recorded an unknown male walking out of his garage with his Trek u7.2 FX black trail mountain bike. The complainant also said a couple of weeks prior the garage door was left open during the day and an unknown person had stolen his other bike. A report was taken and extra patrol was requested.
- Three officers responded to a domestic violence incident on E. Pleasant St. Both individuals were given resources. There were no injuries from the incident.
- An officer responded to a theft from vehicle on E. Hamtramck St. A report for the incident.
- An officer responded to a theft from a vehicle complaint on E. Hamtramck St. The investigation also showed the suspect entered a garage on N. McKenzie St. and stole items from the vehicle inside. A report was filed for both incidents. Here are no suspects at this time.
- An officer was dispatched to a Coshocton Ave. business for a shoplifting incident. The suspect was issued a summons for theft by deception.
- An officer responded to Braddock St. in reference to a theft complaint. The officer spoke with the complainant who indicated two males took a package from his neighbor's porch and ran off. A report was taken and the incident is under further investigation.
- An officer was dispatched to E. Pleasant St. for a disturbance. No charges were filed.
- An officer was dispatched to E. Pleasant St. for an incident of threats made. Shawn Caudill was arrested for aggravated menacing and was incarcerated thr Knox County Jail.
- An officer spoke with the complainant who stated his tire was slashed on two different occasions while parked at Shalimar Apartment. There are no suspects.
- An officer responded to N. Sandusky St. on a reported theft. When he arrived at the scene he spoke with the complainant who stated an unknown male stole a face-mask from the shelf and left without paying. A written statement was collected along with surveillance video of thr incident.
- An officer responded to a harassment call in the lobby of 5 N. Gay St. a statement was obtained and a report will be made.
- Two officers responded to a disturbance call on Follin Ave. a male was taken into custody and transported to the Knox County Jail.
- Officers responded to Knox Community Hospital emergency room in reference to an assault. Donald Korns was arrested and charged with assault. He was incarcerated in Knox County Jail.
- Christopher Deraleau – Arrest on an outstanding warrant
- Shawn Allen Caudill – Aggravated menacing.
- Donald S. Korns – Assault
- Carolyn Jean Luff - Failure to yield right-of-way.
- Any Jo Joyner – Red light violation.
- Mika Jo Wagner – Driving under FRA suspension.
- Gregg I Young – DUS, FRA & random verification suspension.
- Gregg I, Young – Fictitious license plates.
- Timothy Wayne Kromoff - DUS, FRA & random verification suspension.