MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- James Dudgeon was parked northbound in a restaurant parking lot on Columbus Rd. Alan Bash was stopped westbound in the parking lot. Dudgeon proceeded to back out of the parking space and failed to see Bash and backed into the right side of Bash's vehicle. Dudgeon was cited for failure to control/weaving.
- All three vehicles were traveling north on N. Sandusky St. Carmen S. Dixon and Jonathon M. Kyle were stopped for a vehicle making a left-hand turn. Kimberly S. Leprotti failed to maintain assured clear distance ahead and rear-ended Dixon pushing him into Kyle. Leprotti was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead.
- Katheryn B. Brayshaw and Rayne S. Lynds were stopped westbound on Yellow Jacket Dr. Lynds started to pull forward but abruptly stopped. Brayshaw failed to see Lynds had stopped and struck him in the rear-end. Brayshaw was cited for failure to control/weaving.
- Ronald Westerheide was traveling north on Plum Alley approaching W. Gambier St. Keith E. Werner was backing out of a marked parking space and struck Westerheide. Werner was cited with starting and backing vehicles without safety.
- Jan S. Schick was parked in the parking lot of a Coshocton Ave., business in a marked No Parking Zone. Kaila S. Talbott was parked northwest-bound in a marked parking space. Both units backed from their spaces at the same time and collided in the travel lane.
- Rebecca Conkle's vehicle was parked on the east side of the roadway in a marked parking space facing north. Christopher Bowman was traveling north on the east lane of S. Gay St. Bowman pulled into another parking space in front of Conkle's vehicle and struck the front driver's side of it with the passenger side of his vehicle. Bowman was cited for failure to control/weaving.
- At approximately 7:09 AM an officer was dispatched to a Coshocton Ave. business for a report of vandalism. A suspect has been identified and the investigation is pending.
- An officer responded to an E. Ohio Ave. residence in reference to a complaint a vehicle had been scratched. It is unknown if the incident was accidental or intentional. A report was made for insurance purposes.
- At 5:27 AM officers responded a Coshocton Ave, food mart in reference to a burglary. The case has been forwarded to the detective division and is under investigation.
- At 9:L24 AM an officer responded to the MVPD on N. Gay St. for a vandalism complaint. The complainant provided a photograph of the vandalized item. A report was filed for the incident. The suspect is unknown at this time.
- An officer responded to an inn on Howard St. Narcotics were left on the bed in a room. An investigation is pending. The narcotics were placed in evidence.
- At 12:29 PM an officer responded to Belmont Ave. residence for a theft complaint the suspect is unknown at this time. The investigation has been closed.
- At 9:49 PM two officers were dispatched to the 200 block of E. Burgess St. for a disturbance. When the officers arrived they spoke with the complainant who advised her juvenile son had assaulted her. The complainant stated it starte4d over her taking his cell phone away from him. Pictures were taken and a statement collected. This report is being forwarded to the Knox County Juvenile Prosecutor for review for charges.
- An officer was dispatched to the 100 block of S. Main St on a report of vandalism. In the stairwell, the officer observed some writing on the wall. A picture was taken of the vandalism. There is no known suspect at this time.
- At 10:33 AM an officer responded to a breaking and entering complaint on W. High St. The complainant report items had been stolen. The suspect is unknown The investigation has been closed and any new information will be supplemented.
- At 11:25 AM, an officer responded to an unsecured residence complaint on W. Vine St. The residence was cleared and no one was found in the house. The officer secured the front door before the clearing. The investigation has been closed.
- An officer responded to Howard St. in reference to a disturbance. When the officer arrived, he spoke with both parties involved. The complainant stated she had been pushed into the wall by her boyfriend, Corey Kunkle. Kunkle was arrested and charged with assault.
Arrests and Citations
- Teresa Marks, 55, East St. was cited for right of way in a crosswalk
- Serena Litt, 32, W. High St. was arrested for an outstanding warrant
- Debra Wells, 61, S. Jefferson St. was arrested and charged with criminal trespass and theft.
- Nathaniel Peters, 61, W. High St. was cited for driving under an FRA suspension.
- David Bullivant, 25, Columbus, was cited for speed.
- Dayna Smith, 19, Centerburg, was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead.
- Brittany Christine, 21, Harcourt Rd. was cited for exhaust system required.
- Shannan Kegley, 36, Prospect St. was cited for running a stop sign.
- Tyler Flemming, 21, Martinsburg Rd. was cited for running a stop sign.
- James Dudgeon, 82, Fredericktown, was cited for failure to control/weaving course.
- Fayth Mullins, 20, Lucas, OH, was cited for expired or unlawful plates.
- Brandon Butler, 23, homeless, was arrested on a warrant for probation violation.
- Brandon Rowe, 33, Cottage St. was arrested for domestic violence.
- Margaret White, 44, Columbus Rd. was cited for shortcutting to avoid traffic control devices.
- Michael Fullmer, 38, Locust St. was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Ryan Smith, 35, homeless, was arrested on a warrant for probation violation.
- Kimberly Leprotti, 47, Newark Rd. was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead.
- Kathryn Brayshaw, 16, Howard, was cited for failure to control/weaving.
- Corey Kunkle, 30, Lexington, was arrested for assault.
- Christopher Davis, 29, E. Pleasant St. was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Brian Hess, 52, Ames St. was cited for driving under an FRA suspension and fictitious registration. He was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Keith Werner, 65, Fredericktown, was cited for starting and backing vehicles without safety.
- Donald Morris, 28, Upper Gilchrist Rd. Was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Christopher Bowman, 60, Columbus, was cited for failure to control/weaving course.
- Thomas VanVoorhis, 76, Fairway Ct. was cited for failure to control/weaving course.
- Trent Craig, Harcourt Rd. was cited for expired or unlawful plates.
- Emily Bricker, 31, E. Pleasant St. was cited for improper child restraints.