KNOX COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
- David Seth Hilton was traveling east on E. Main St. in Centerburg. Bart D. Walker was also traveling east on E. Main St. ahead of Hilton. Walker stopped for a red light and Hilton struck him in the rear. Hilton was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead.
- A deputy was advised of a toddler alone next to a roadway. The deputy made contact with all parties and a report was written.
- A deputy observed Larry J. Butler, Jr.'s vehicle with fictitious plates. The deputy conducted a traffic stop and received verbal consent to search the vehicle. Drugs and drug paraphernalia were located inside the vehicle. The vehicle's passenger fled the scene and was observed dropping items as he was running. More drugs were located from the fleeing suspect. Butler was arrested and charged with aggravated possession of drugs. He was released to jail staff with no bond.
- Deputies responded to Avalon Rd. for a report of theft from a vehicle. The victim advised several items were removed from their vehicle while it was parked at their place of employment. Photos and statements were collected. There are no suspects at this time.
- Deputies made contact with Brandon Stokes while he was driving a vehicle near the intersection of Lewis St. and Frost Alley in Mount Vernon. Dispatch advised Stokes had an outstanding warrant out of Licking County. Stokes was placed under arrest and transported to the Knox/Locking county line. Stokes was released to the custody of the Newark Police Department.
- Dispatch advised there was a suspicious vehicle at Kenyon College. Deputies responded and an individual saw cited for open container.
- The Mount Vernon Police Department and Knox County Sheriff's Office conducted a traffic stop on Public Square in Mount Vernon. During the stop multiple items of drug paraphernalia and narcotics were seized from the vehicle after a probable cause search was conducted. A report will be made to document the incident.
- Deputies were dispatched to a reported disturbance. Deputies found two ex-spouses yelling at each other in the street. The parties were separated and warned about their conduct.
- The complainant called the KCSO and reported a deer had been hit in front of their house and it needed to be dispatched. The deer was dispatched by a deputy and a slip was issued to the property owner.