KNOX COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
- The complainant stated he attempted to buy a dog over the Internet and was scammed out of a total of $3,250.00. He said he sent the money but never received the dog. The complainant said the seller was giving him the runaround. The complainant said he contacted the local police in the area where the seller is and was advised to file a fraud report with the KCSO. Then the police where the seller is could open a fraud investigation on their end.
- The complainant advised there were ongoing issues with his house-mate who was threatening to damage his property. The complainant's car had stopped working and he was concerned his house-mate had tampered with it. Statements were taken and a report was made for documentation.
- Deputies responded to Graham Rd. for a report of fraud. The victim stated someone stole her identity and used it to apply for a credit card. A report was taken.
- A deputy was dispatched to W. Scott Ln. in Gambier on a report of theft. Dispatch advised a subject wanted to speak to a deputy in reference to missing property. The deputy arrived and made contact with the complainant. The missing property was described as a gray Trek 7300SX bicycle with a blue water bottle holder and a black bag mounted on the bike.
- The victim/complainant called the KCSO to report credit card fraud. A report was taken. At this time there are no suspects in the case.
- A deputy was advised of found drug paraphernalia at the incident location. The item was collected and placed into evidence to be destroyed.
- The complainant called the KCSO and reported there was an abandoned vehicle on their property. A 48 hour wait was placed on the vehicle starting on 9-11-2020. The last known registered owner could not be located or contacted so the vehicle was towed from the property.
- A deputy spoke to the complainant at his place of business. He advised his identity had been compromised and someone tried to apply for a loan in his name without his permission.