KNOX COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
- A deputy was dispatched to the area of Snively and Wooster roads for cows in the roadway. The deputy spoke to the homeowner at 24005 Snively Rd. The homeowner said the cows were not his but he knew who they belonged to. The deputy was able to contact the owner of the cows, who lives out-of-state. He had the caretaker of the cows round up the cows with the help of the deputy and returned them to their proper pasture.
- Deputies and Mount Vernon Police Department units responded to shots fired on Columbus Rd. Units found a male with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The male was transported to Knox Community Hospital.
- The complainant advised a vehicle drove into a field owned by the victim causing damage.
- Jeffrey A. Razey stated he looked away from the road momentarily and swerved to the right. He tried to correct but the vehicle went into the ditch, struck a culvert and the vehicle rolled. Razey was cited for reckless operation.
- The complainant reported Kaleb Isaac Kirkman possibly overdosed on drugs. It was determined Kirkman had an outstanding warrant out of Mount Vernon Municipal Court. He was medically cleared, arrested on the warrant and transported to Knox County Jail.
- The complainant advised sometime between Oct. 30 – 32 during the hours of 5:00 PM and 9:00 AM someone stole his vehicle. A report was taken and the vehicle was entered into L.E.A.D.S. as stolen.
- The complainant called to report the subject was out of control. They said he was in the back yard and they had locked him up because he was out of control.
- Jimmie Lee Strickler was traveling north on Martinsburg Rd. south of Curtis Rd. when a deer entered the east side of the roadway. Strickler struck the deer causing functional damage to the vehicle.
- Employees at the Mohican Reservation reported damage to a common area caused by a vehicle. Contact was made with the employees and the person driving the vehicle. Statements were collected and a report was sent to the City Law Director for review.
- A deputy was dispatched to Rabbit Ridge Rd. in Howard. The complainant advised a shop/storage building belonging to their father had been broken into. Photos and statements were taken. There are currently no suspects.
- Joshua Andrew Kapper was driving southwest on Johnstown Rd. and hit a deer near Centerburg causing functional damage to the vehicle.
- A deputy made contact with the occupants of a vehicle parked at the Honey Run Waterfall parking lot when the park was closed during the early morning hours. A drug-sniffing K-9 performed a sniff of the vehicle and indicated a positive hit. Drug abuse instruments and other paraphernalia were found in the vehicle. A female occupant was issued a summons in lieu of arrest.
- The complainant called the KCSO to report they let an employee use their personal credit cards to make purchases for their business. The employee has yet to return the credit cards.