KNOX COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
- The complainant advised there was drug paraphernalia located at the incident location. The items were taken for disposal.
- While deputies were working a sporting event at the Mount Vernon High School football field, the principal of MVHS approached them and advised they had a situation in which someone had given one of the students alcohol. The involved persons were interviewed and a report was filed. The report will be forwarded to the Knox County Juvenile Prosecutor for review and pending charges.
- Deputies were dispatched to a residence for an active domestic violence incident. Deputies responded and spoke to both parties. A report was taken and forwarded to the appropriate prosecutor's office.
- A complainant called the KCSO to report drunken individuals at a campground who were causing a disturbance at that location. Deputies responded and made contact with the parties involved and with witnesses. A report was completed for documentation to be sent to the City Law Director for review.
- The complainant called to report his son was being unruly and making suicidal remarks. Deputies arrived and made contact with all the parties involved. The complainant transported his son the KCH for a mental health evaluation. A report was completed to be sent to the City Law Director and Juvenile Court for review.
- The complainant called the KCSO to report a neighbor cut a limb off of his tree that overshadowed the neighbor's property. A report was taken.
- Jacob C. Tiell was traveling north-east on Columbus Rd. when a vehicle in front of him slowed down to turn into Smithhisler Meats. Tiell came to a complete stop for the slowed vehicle and was struck in the rear-end by Blake D. Barber.
- The complainant came into the KCSO to report her identity had been used to open a fraudulent account. A report was taken.
- Deputies responded to Millersburg Rd. for a suicidal male. The male denied having suicidal thoughts but was willing to be transported to Knox Community Hospital to speak with a BHP counselor. He was given further information for a follow-up visit with BHP. He was transported to the Licking County line and transferred to a coworker to stay for the evening.
- Deputies were dispatched to a residence on New Guilford Rd. in Martinsburg for a reported disturbance. The complainant called in advising a female individual was driving a white Jeep on New Guilford Rd. and was highly intoxicated. The complainant also advised the female stated she was driving to the Marathon Gas Station in Bladensburg and sit there until she sobered up enough to drive home. Deputies located the woman, identified as Tina L. Grohe, and noticed the strong odor of alcohol on her person. She was given the standard sobriety test and upon completion she was placed under arrest for OVI. She was transported to Knox County Jail without incident.
- Deputies were investigating a suspicious vehicle parked at a Centerburg business. Deputies made contact with Richard M. Hummel, the driver. Deputies asked Hummel for identification. He told deputies he had no driver's license but provided a Social Security number. Dispatch advised deputies that Hummel had an active warrant out of Richland County. He was arrested by deputies and he was transported to the Richland County line and handed over to Richland Sheriff's Office personnel.