KNOX COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
- The Mount Vernon Police Department was attempting to locate an individual who was threatening to harm themselves. Deputies located the individual at Honey Run Park. The subject was transported to Knox Community Hospital for mental evaluation.
- The complainants advised noise coming from their neighbor was ongoing in violation of a cease and desist order. A report was made for documentation to be sent to the prosecutor.
- A deputy conducted a follow-up at McCament Rd. In Walhonding. After speaking with the property owner, he advised he wanted to file trespassing charges. A statement was collected and a report was filed.
- The complainant reported unknown person(s) removed her purse from her vehicle while she was shopping.
- Deputies and medics responded to a possible drug overdose on Hoover Rd. in Danville. A male was not responsive at the time of the call but medics were able to wake the male before deputies arrived. The male, Charles Carver, had several outstanding warrants so he was arrested and transported to Knox County Jail.
- A suspicious vehicle was reported parked at the boat ramp at Kokosing Lake. The complainant advised there was someone in the vehicle slumped over and the door was open. Deputies made contact with the occupants of the vehicle and investigated the complaint. Marijuana was located in the vehicle and was collected for destruction.
- The complainant re[ported her ATV had been stolen from her father's residence sometime between Oct. 6 and 9. There are no suspects at this time.
- Kenyon College Campus Security advised they found marijuana. The item was picked up by a deputy and placed into evidence for destruction.
- Deputies were assisted by the Mount Vernon Police Department and Ashland County deputies in a vehicle pursuit. The suspect, Mark Hughes, was observed driving left of center on Old Mansfield Rd. and Northridge Dr. A traffic stop was initiated but Hughes fled. The pursuit ended in Ashland County where Hughes' car was disabled.. The suspect was arrested for speeding, reckless operation, left of center and failure to comply.
- An officer was dispatched to Utica Rd where he made contact with the complainant. The complainant stated she was out by the road with he Husqvana push mower. She said she went to her mother's residence and when she came back the mower was gone.
- Deputies were dispatched to Chestnut Ridge Rd. in Danville for an inactive burglary. When deputies arrived at the the scene they spoke with the compllainant who advised the suspects forced entry into his shop and then into the building's office. The suspects stole between $10,000 and $15,000 worth of authenticated collectible silver and gold coins and $2 bills. The complainant's son said he had seen two men running away from the shop on Oct. 11 around 9:00AM. Photographs were taken at the scene and local businesses were contacted to make them aware of the stolen items in the event the suspects attempt to sell the stolen property.
- The complainant called the KCSO and advised the suspect had posted threats on social media and she was afraid the suspect would follow through on the threats.