KNOX COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
- Charlotte A. Smith was traveling east on Coshocton Rd. She crossed the center line and drove off the left side of the roadway. Smith struck a utility pole with the left side of her vehicle. The vehicle then spun and struck an embankment with the right side of the vehicle. Smith was cited for failure to control.
- Kenyon Campus Safety called to report drugs and drug paraphernalia had been found on campus. Deputies responded and collected the items. They were placed in the evidence locker, marked for destruction.
- Deputies made a traffic stop on a possibly impaired driver. It was determined the driver was disoriented. Officers helped the driver get home without incident.
- A complainant called to report someone threw an egg at his vehicle. A deputy met with the complainant and a statement was collected, photographs were taken and a report was written to document the incident. Nothing further to report.
- Deputies took a report at the KCSO for a theft. The complainant advised her mountain bike was stolen from her front porch on Madison Ave. Mount Vernon. A report was taken.
- As they were handling a motor vehicle crash, deputies observed a vehicle traveling west on Coshocton Ave. The observed vehicle slowed down and turned onto Woods Church Rd. as if to avoid the deputies.
- The deputies drove down Woods Church Rd. and found the vehicle in a ditch. It was found during the traffic crash investigation that the driver had consumed alcohol and was asked to perform field sobriety tests. The driver, James Craycraft, failed the sobriety tests and was arrested for driving under the influence.
- A deputy was dispatched to 7th Ave. on a report of stolen firearms. The caller stated she was missing the key to her gun cabinet for two weeks. The caller said she drilled the lock on this day to find firearms were missing.