KNOX COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
- Deputies were called to a disturbance on Columbus Rd. Cody Michael Jackson was arrested for assault following the incident.
- While traveling east on Plank Rd. Carl Franklin Bagent attempted to turn south into the entrance of Town Center Market. He was unable to see because of foggy conditions and turned before the entrance and drove over the entrance wall, causing damage to the wall. He refused medical treatment and the vehicle was undamaged.
- Deputies were dispatched to the area of Allen and Paige roads when a caller advised they were running through the woods and needed help. Deputies arrived at the scene, located the subject and determined they were having a mental health crisis. The person was taken to Knox Community Hospital for a mental health evaluation and treatment for possible hypothermia.
- The complainant reported he had located a purse on the side of Nunda Road. The purse was collected and placed into evidence for safekeeping.
- Abdullahi Abshir Farah was attempting to back up to a loading dock at the post office in Howard when it struck a bollard post and stop sign on the west side of First Alley, with the driver's side of the vehicle. He then pulled forward to make a correction and drove off the roadway to the east of First Alley. Farah then left the scene. He was charged with failure to control his vehicle.
- The complainant called and stated he was at work and his 17-year-old daughter had left his house. The complainant stated the babysitter called him to tell him his daughter had left with a male. The juvenile was located and transported back to her residence.
- A victim called the KCSO to report his stolen semi was located on a property in Knox County. Items were located inside the semi that did not belong to the victim. These were seized for evidence. The semi was released to the victim per Newark Police Department.
- Ryan Smith was arrested for disorderly conduct and taken to the Knox County Jail without incident.