KNOX COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
- Deputies responded to Columbus Rd. for a complaint of found drugs. Narcotics were seized at the scene and placed into evidence for disposal.
- A complainant advised someone had vandalized her vehicle while she was asleep. A report was taken on the complainant's behalf.
- The complainant advised she believed she was scammed in an attempt to purchase a dog through Facebook. A report was taken on the complainant's behalf.
- The complainant advised there was an individual slumped over the steering wheel of a vehicle at the incident location. The individual was transported to KCH.
- Justin Howell was attempting to make a U-turn at the intersection of Nashville Rd. and Prichard Rd. He drove ff the right side of the roadway and into a ditch causing damage to the front end of the vehicle. Howell was cited for failure to control.
- Deputies responded to Lakeview Heights Dr. in Howard for a deceased person. A report was made.
- Deputies were dispatched to a storage facility on Pittsburgh Ave. for a possible trespassing incident. Deputies were able to speak with the owner/complainant of the property and determined an unknown female had broken into the complainant's unit and items had been stolen. After clearing the scene deputies received another call from the complainant advising the suspect was still on the property and was observed fleeing the area on foot. Deputies were able to locate the suspect, Tonia Lavonne Smith, and placed her under arrest for breaking and entering, theft and probation violation. Property from the storage unit was also located and seized as evidence.
- A deputy responded to Jug Run Rd. for a female experiencing a mental health crisis who wanted to go to the hospital. The deputy was able to make contact with the female and transported her to Knox Community Hospital where she was able to speak with a Behavioral Health Representative.