KNOX COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
- Deputies were called on a report of illegal dumping. A suspect drove onto the complainant's property and dumped a load of used tires. A report was taken and the incident was investigated.
- Deputies were called to Buena Vista Dr. in Fredericktown on a report of theft of items from a vending machine. Evidence was collected and a report made.
- A deputy was dispatched to Tuna Run Rd. near Newark Rd. on a complaint of a suspicious person in a stopped vehicle. The officer was unable to find the person but had their vehicle towed due to it being a traffic hazard I the roadway.
- A canine ran out in front of a Sheriff's Office vehicle. The vehicle sustained minor damage. The canine was deceased.
- A complainant/victim called the KCSO to report an unknown individual tried to steal one of her Yorkie puppies which she had for sale. She said the suspect came onto her property and was leaving with one of the puppies when her son arrived at the location. The complainant requested a report be completed and filed. A deputy responded and took a report.
- Darien Sinnett was located and arrested on an outstanding warrant out of Knox County. Sinnett was transported to the Knox County Jail and released to the jail staff.
- Deputies were advised Scott M. Owens had an outstanding warrant. He was located and arrested. Owens was transported to the Knox County Jail and released to jail staff.
- Earsel Elkins was arrested for an outstanding warrant for probation violation.
- A deputy was dispatched to Northview Dr. in Mount Vernon on a report of a disturbance. Kylee Sharee Miracle was arrested and charged with aggravated menacing and domestic violence.
- Deputies were dispatched to North St. in Danville for a report of theft. The complainant called 911 to report an unknown person had stolen an undetermined amount of cash from a jar in the bedroom. A report was taken.
- A deputy spoke with the complainant who reported his Visa card had been fraudulently charged $309.15 at a business on Harcourt Rd. The complainant was advised to contact his credit card's fraud department and advise them a fraud report had been filed.
- The victim/complainant called the KCSO to report the theft of a bicycle. The victim reported he had last seen the bicycle on Aug. 10 at 5:00 PM. He said he discovered the bicycle missing the morning of Aug. 11. The bicycle is described as a 26” red Schwinn. It had T handle bars and a rear, dry-rotted tire with whitewalls. The front tire is larger. There are no suspects at this time.
- Seth Oyster was traveling east on Mishey Rd. west of Armstrong Rd. when he lost control of the vehicle going over a hill. Oyster went off the roadway and struck a ditch, an embankment, and a telephone pedestal. The air bags in the vehicle deployed and On Star notified dispatch of the crash. Oyster managed to drive the vehicle out of the ditch and back onto the roadway. Richland County Sheriff's Office located the vehicle in the village of Butler and conducted a traffic stop. Oyster was cited for failure to maintain reasonable control. No injuries were reported.