Employer: Knox County Park District
Employee Type: Part Time
Base Salary: $16/hour
How to Apply: Please send letter of interest and resume to Courtney Lower, Knox County Human Resources Director, 117 E. High St., Suite 257, Mount Vernon, OH; or email email@example.com. The Knox County Park District is an EEO Employer.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Provides operations for Knox County Park District parks, multi-use trails and river accesses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work a schedule in order to perform duties.
2. Maintain Park District lands and trails as assigned. This includes; mowing, string trimming, tree
pruning, tree removal, trail maintenance, emptying trash receptacles, picking up litter, ecosystem
management (controlling invasive species, taking part in prescribed fires, and/or herbicide applications).
3. Related skills can include maintenance repair (small engines, tractors), small structure fabrication
involving carpentry skills, electrical &/or plumbing.
4. Able to use a wide variety of hand tools and power equipment, including a chainsaw.
5. Able to load, unload and secure equipment on trailers and maneuver trailers.
6. Able to independently perform job requirements in a reasonable amount of time.
7. Able to work well with other Park District personnel, volunteers and/or public.
8. Able to exercise and follow equipment safety instructions and policies.
1. Maintain current, valid Ohio Driver license and suitable driving record.
2. Submit to a background check and a medical physical.
3. When scheduled, regular and timely attendance.
4. Present a personable and professional image to Park District public and volunteers.
5. Available to work non-standard work hours as needed and Park District sponsored events.
High school diploma, or general education degree (GED). Six months related experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before Park District personnel, volunteers and/or public.
Ability to calculate figures using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Ability to send and receive email.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS: Pesticide Applicators License preferred.
Ability to stand and walk during work hours and ability to lift up to 50 pounds, 100 pounds with assistance.
Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions (including extreme cold and heat and/or high humidity); ability to work near moving mechanical parts, work where may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, work around toxic or caustic chemicals, work in a loud environment due to equipment noise and vibration due to nature of job (mowing, chain saw work, etc.), work where there is a risk of electrical shock. On occasion must work in high, precarious places. Worker acknowledges outdoor work exposes one to the threat of tick-borne diseases.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Operation Manager will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by the Director.