Details for Mount Vernon Nazarene University is hiring for a Lead Housekeeper
Mount Vernon Nazarene University (MVNU) is an intentionally Christian teaching university for traditional age students, graduate students, and working adults who seek opportunities to learn and grow in an academic community of faith. The University provides the context for a transformational experience through excellent academics, service opportunities, caring relationships, and a nurturing spiritual and social environment. Faculty, staff, and students are challenged to achieve their highest potential, to become increasingly Christ-like and to make a difference in their world through lifelong service.
The University seeks a full-time, 12-month, Lead Housekeeper for the Facilities Department on the Mount Vernon main campus. The position reports to the Housekeeping Coordinator. The University pay grade for this position is “B” with an hourly rate of $11.21 with a shift differential to be added for second shift. A full complement of benefits is provided, including a health care plan, retirement contributions and tuition assistance, each subject to associated waiting periods. The candidate will also receive generous holidays, and vacation and sick days earned on an accrual basis.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Supervises Housekeeping employees and processes including prioritizing daily work activities, evaluating outcomes and recommending changes
- Coordinates the cleaning and setups in Foster Hall
- Set-up, teardown and moving furniture for campus events
- Sustains professional communication with Event requestors, ensuring timelines and expectations are met
- Oversees training functions
- Organizes and conducts Housekeeping staff meetings
- Maintains inventory of supplies and makes or recommends purchases
- Serves as a resource to identify, research, and resolve problems and complaints
- Cleans and dusts areas such as offices, classrooms, kitchens, living spaces, dormitories, laboratories, lobbies, locker rooms, stairways, corridors and elevators
- Cleans, sanitizes and deodorizes restrooms; restocks supplies
- Cleans multi-level stairwells, sidewalks and entranceways
- Shovels snow and applies ice-melting material on entryways and steps around assigned buildings
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide seamless customer service
- Assists in the instruction and supervision of student employees, as applicable
- Reports all repairs required and safety and fire hazards to supervisor
- Observes safety standards and practices.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by an individual assigned to this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of the position.
Expectations for the successful candidate:
- Evangelical Christian confession of faith and experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of related trade or department specific equipment, systems and procedures
- Demonstrated organizational, human relations and effective communication skills
- Demonstrates time management skills with the ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to operate large and small power driven equipment (vacuum sweeper, buffer, etc.)
- Ability to work various shifts and overtime, as required
- Ability to set-up, tear down, move furniture throughout buildings
- Ability to work with standard cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to walk, stand or sit for long periods of time, frequent use of stairs, ability to lift 75 pounds.
To be considered for this position, please email a resume to email@example.com and complete the application, found at: http://mvnu.edu/jobs/application . Applicants submitting materials via email should attach either a Microsoft Word or .PDF File. Alternatively, materials can be faxed to (740-397-1005), or mailed to:
Mount Vernon Nazarene University
800 Martinsburg Road
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
Professional and personal references are required, consistent with the responsibilities associated with this position. A background check will be performed prior to appointment. Mount Vernon Nazarene University does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or military service in administering its employment policies and practices. As a religious educational institution under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs/practices in making employment decisions and does so to achieve its mission. The University requires as a condition of employment that all employees subscribe to standards of the Church of the Nazarene and conduct their lives in accordance therewith.
- Application Url
- More Info
- Education Level
- High School
- Employee Type
- Full Time
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- Listing Type