Details for The Village of Centerburg is hiring for a Utility Worker I
The Village of Centerburg has an immediate opening for the position of Utility Worker I. Resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled.
POSITION TITLE: Utility Worker I (Full Time)
Working under supervision of the Village Administrator this individual performs skilled duties related to the maintenance and repair of: buildings and grounds, streets, sidewalks, storm water systems, sewer collection systems, and wastewater treatment facilities. This individual must be familiar with basic hand tools, power tools, grounds maintenance equipment, and have the ability to operate large vehicles such as snow plowing trucks and construction/heavy equipment.
TASKS TO BE PERFORMED:
• Performs routine interior and exterior maintenance including painting, minor plumbing and electrical repairs, and carpentry
• Mows, waters, weeds, prunes and trims lawns, plants and trees. Applies herbicides, pesticides and fertilizers
• Performs routine maintenance on tools, vehicles and equipment
• Performs water distribution system maintenance and repairs
• Performs wastewater collection system maintenance and repairs
• Performs storm water system maintenance and repairs
• Assists with operations of water and wastewater treatment facilities
• Maintains and repairs streets including cleaning and repair of sidewalks, curbs, gutters, road signs, and street surfaces. Removes snow and ice from roadways and sidewalks.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid Ohio Driver’s license with a safe driving record
• Pass a background check
• Knowledge of utilities, streets, and municipal operations.
• Knowledge of wastewater collections and treatment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Many duties are physically demanding requiring the lifting of materials weighing up to 80 pounds. Duties will be performed indoors and outdoors, on public streets and right of ways, in and around water tanks and treatment equipment. Work may be performed in inclement weather for extended periods. Common work areas may include working in/on tanks containing water and exposure to untreated water/wastewater.
This individual will be required to learn and understand water/wastewater treatment operations. This position will include on call responsibility and rotating weekend facility operations.
$14.00 per hour plus benefits. Full Time 40 hours per week plus overtime.
Compensation increases for Ohio EPA Wastewater Treatment/Collections Certificates earned.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit a resume to: Village of Centerburg Administrator, P.O. Box D, Centerburg Ohio 43011 or email to email@example.com.
- Application Url
- More Info
- Education Level
- High School
- Employee Type
- Full Time
- Village Of Centerburg
- Listing Type