MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Tracey D. McClusky was traveling east on Nuce Rd. crossing Mansfield Ave on a green light. Anastacia M. Hamilton-Wagoner was also traveling on Nuce Rd. and crossing Mansfield Ave. Joseph G. Mazza, III was traveling south on Mansfield Ave and ran the red light at Nuce Rd. and struck both Hamilton-Wagoner and McClusky. Mazza was cited for running a red light.
- Judith E. Goodman was traveling south on N. Main St. And struck a parked car owned by Courtney L. Murphy. Goodman was cited for failure to control/weaving.
- Ronald B. Dumont was traveling south on N. Mulberry St. and while attempting to turn west onto Calhoun St. struck Jay E. Hershberger who was stopped at the intersection of Calhoun and N. Mulberry streets, Dumont was cited for failure to control/weaving.
- At approximately 1:36 AM, an officer was on bike patrol in the area of Riverside Park. Vandalism was discovered in various bathroom stalls. The vandalism was logged and photographs taken. Nothing further to report.
- An officer was dispatched to Knox Community Hospital for some pills that were brought in with a patient. The pills were collected and will be destroyed.
- At 6:03 PM an officer was dispatched to the 300 block of Spruce St. for an abandoned vehicle. When the officer arrived he made contact with the complainant but was unable to contact the registered owner of the vehicle. A wrecker was called to remove the vehicle. No keys were available. The vehicle was towed to the Mount Vernon Impound Lot. Towing and storage fees will apply.
- At approximately 1:34 AM two officers responded to an E. Burgess St. apartment on a report of a disturbance. Two females and a male suspect were fighting and breaking things. One female was issued a summons and released.
- At 3:06 AM a traffic stop was conducted on N. Sandusky St. at Calhoun St. 1.2 grams of marijuana was located in the vehicle. No charges were filed.
- At 7:52 PM an officer responded to a business on W. Gambier St. in reference to a theft. The business owner stated an item was stolen from his business and was spotted being used.
- A female reported at the MVPD that her purse was stolen. She said she left her purse on a bench on the 200 block of S. Main St around 7:30 PM. A statement was collected. An investigation is pending.
- At approximately 10:07 PM, an officer observed a male riding a bike without lights. The officer stopped the male and located drug paraphernalia on him. He was issued a summons and released.
- At 5:19 AM, vandalism was discovered in a dugout at Phillips Park. A report was made.
Arrests and Citations
- Abbigail Martin, 19, Westerville, was cited for a red light violation.
- Stacie Schaade, 31, Coshocton Ave. was cited for driving an unsafe vehicle.
- Joseph Roman, 46, Upper Gilchrist Rd. was arrested on a warrant for probation violation.
- Jakob Elkins, 20 Howard, was arrested on a warrant for probation violation.
- Melinda Preston, 39, S. Mechanic St.was arrested on a warrant.
- Tammy Grenell, 48, N. Sandusky St. was cited for DUS.
- Jeffrey Petrey, 45, E. Hamtramck St. was arrested for 5 outstanding warrants.
- Zachary Boone, 20, N. Mulberry St. was arrested for an outstanding warrant and obstructing official business.
- Abbigale Schaade, 20, Newark, was arrested for criminal mischief.
- Ronald Egle, 56, LaGrange, OH, was cited for speed.
- Joseph Mazza, 54, W. Chestnut St. was cited for running a red light.
- Ty'shawn Glenn, 22, Columbus, was cited for driving under an FRA suspension and a stop sign violation.
- Antoine Cole, 38, W. Burgess St. was charged with illegal use or possession of drugs.
- James Looney, 27, Fredericktown, was cited for failure to display valid plates.
- Brittany Craig, 29, Centerburg, was cited for DUS and charged with an outstanding warrant.
- Judith Goodman, 69, Newark, was cited for failure to control/weaving.
- Joshua Sowards, 40, N. Division St. was cited for driving under an FRA suspension.
- Terra Ellis, 46, Howard St. was arrested on a warrant.
- Jonathan Thompson. 20, Fredericktown, was cited for expired or unlawful license plates.
- James Moyer, 36, Coshocton, was cited for DUS.
- Alicia Strange, 39, Frederticktown, was charged with open container.
- James McClanahan, 44, E. Burgess St. was arrested for falsification. Criminal trespass, drug abuse, marijuana drug paraphernalia. Obstructing official business and for an outstanding warrant.
- Dewey Brandy, 82, Fairgrounds Rd. was cited for failure to yield when turning left.
- Shannon Firth, 46, E. Ohio Ave. was arrested on a warrant for probation violation.
- Ronald Dumont, 55, Calhoun St. was cited for failure to correct/weaving course.