MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Benjamin D. Smith was traveling east on Coshocton Ave. and struck a Mount Vernon city utility pole. Smith was cited for failure to control/weaving course.
- Elizabeth L. Gallogly was stopped for traffic headed east on W. High St. Cheyenne M. Ramey was also headed in the same direction and failed to stop in time, striking Gallogly in the rear. Ramey was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead and admitted she didn't have insurance.
- Justin C. Pursel was traveling west on W. Ohio Ave and Rosemary Wallace was traveling south on S. Mulberry St. Pursel failed to stop for the stop light and struck Wallace in the left front corner. Pursel was cited for running a red stop light.
- Taylor L. Hager was traveling north in the first level of the Mount Vernon Municipal parking garage. While attempting to turn into a parking stall Hager struck a parked vehicle owned by Jamee L. Hershberger. Hager was cited for failure to control/ weaving course.
- Danny A. Brady was stopped headed south in the Walmart entrance/exit on Coshocton Ave. Joshua M. Howard was westbound on Coshocton Ave. in the inside lane. Brady proceeded to turn east onto Coshocton Ave and, failing to see Howard, struck him in the right side. Brady was cited for failure to yield when turning onto a roadway.
- David A. Doering was driving through the Kroger Fuel station and lost control of his vehicle, apparently due to a medical condition. Doering struck the barrier on the west side of the plaza causing damage. He then continued northeast across the lanes of travel and came to rest when he struck the east side barrier nearest to Chipotle. He was taken by EMS to Knox Community Hospital.
- Hiram E. Woods, Jr. was backing westbound into the loading dock area of the Mount Vernon News building from S. Gay St. when he struck the vehicle owned by Progressive Communications Corp. Woods was cited for starting and backing vehicles.
- Units were dispatched to E. Hamtramck in reference to a disturbance.Nothing further to report at this time.
- At approximately 4:03 an officer responded to a Coshocton Ave. business on a report of a shoplifting incident. When the officer arrived he spoke with the complainant who said she observed a male take two Craftsman sets and leave the store without paying for them. She confronted the male who agreed to return to the store. The male was identified and issued a summons for petty theft.
- At 5:39 PM an officer responded to Wooster Rd. on a disturbance. Upon arrival the officer spoke with the manager of the facility who was advised one of the residents was intoxicated and belligerent and was refusing to leave. The officer found the resident, Mary Beth Sellers in an upstairs bedroom and she was very intoxicated, She was subsequently arrested for disorderly conduct ( harm to self ) and transported to the Knox County Jail. The investigation is closed.
- At approximately 7:07 PM a report was filed for a stolen wallet. No suspects have been identified at this time. The report is for documentation purposes.
- AT 10:09 pm Officers responded to a residence on E. Pleasant St in reference to a disturbance. A report was taken and no charges were filed.
- Two officers responded to a Coshocton Ave. business on a disturbance complaint. Written statements and photographs were taken. The suspect was issued a criminal summons in lieu of arr4est for criminal mischief.
Arrests and Citations
- Chase Gallagher, 23, N. Norton St. was cited for DUS.
- Hunter Phillips, 25, N. Division St. was arrested and charged with possessing drug abuse instruments.
- Brianna Hickman, 41, Howard, was cited for speed.
- Benjamin Smith, 54, Howard, was cited for failure to control/weaving.
- Cheyenne Ramey, 22, W. High St. was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead.
- Nicole Byers, 29, E. Hamtramck St. was arrested and charged with possessing drug abuse instruments, criminal damaging/endangering and resisting arrest.
- Gary Colburn, 52, Coshocton, was arrested for theft.
- Mary Sellers, 63, Mansfield Rd. was arrested for disorderly conducxt with persisting.
- Jeffrfey Sherbahn, 53, Shirley Ave. was arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- Zane Smith, 26, Homeless, was arrested for obstructing official business.
- Joshua Haqnna, 18, Orchard Dr. was cited for window tint.
- Kayla Dailey, 27, N. Clinton St. was cited for driving under FRA suspension and fictitious registration.
- Tanner DePolo, 23, West Milton, OH, was arrested and charged with possession or sale of hypodermic needles and obstructing official business. He was also cited for DUS.
- Steven Fowler, 32, Calhoun St. was cited for DUS.\Alexander Blain, 24, W. Vine St. was arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- Justin Pursel, 18, Fredericktown, was cited for running a red light.
- Wesley Crum, 50, Nelson Dr. was arrested for criminal mischief.
- Daniel Walton 26, Upper Gilchrist Rd. was charged with theft, criminal trespass and a warrant for probation violation.
- Taylor Hager, 19, Howard St. was cited for failure to control.
- Danny Brady, 58, Glenmont, was cited for fasilure to yield when entering a roadway.
- Timothy Carper, 21, Elizabeth St. was arrested for a warrant for probation violation.
- Joseph Smith, 44, Martinsburg, was cited for DUS.
- Bradley Johnson, 59, Mansfield, was cited for speed.
- Madison Tackett, 25, New Delaware Rd. was cited for expired or unlawful plates.
- Stanley Shaffer, 62, Cleveland Ave. was cited for DUS.
- Dan Barnett, 50, Newark, was cited for driving left of center.
- Hiram Woods, 56, Columbus, wqas cited for starting and backing vehicles.
- Tracy Beckett, 45, Howard, waqs cited for speed and expired or unlawful plates.
- Sabrina Zornes, W. Chestnut St. was cited for speed.
- Dustin Staats, 25, Howard, was cited for speed.