MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Rebecka M. Clinard and Debra A. Chess were westbound on E. Chestnut St. near N. McKenzie St. Chess stopped for traffic and was rear-ended by Clinard. Clinard was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead.
- Jo Ann Eddy was traveling east on Coshocton Ave. and ran the red light in front of Rural King. William E. E. Steltzer was turning east from the entrance to Rural King and had the green light. Eddy struck Steltzer. Eddy was cited for running a red light.
- Michael Donell, Jr. ran off the right sidse of the road on E. Gambier St. and struck a utility pole.
- Joshua A. Coleman was stopped westbound on Calhoun St. at N. Sandusky St. Shane E. Roberts was traveling north on N. Sandusky St. Coleman failed to see Roberts and proceeded to turn south onto N. Sandusky St. causing Roberts to strike Coleman. Coleman was cited for running a stop sign.
- Anna M. Morris was parked in the gravel parking area behind 206 N. Division St. She proceeded to back southwest striking the driver's side of a vehicle owned by Corey L. Ansel which was parked next to Morris. Morris was cited for failure to control/weaving.
- Jacqulene R. Shoemaker and Philip Meyer were traveling east on Coshocton Ave. Shoemaker changed lanes striking Meyer. Shoemaker was cited for driving in marked/continuous lanes.
- An unknown driver was traveling east oi W. High St. Vehicles owned by The Donlen Trust and Trisha A. Heinfeldt were parked facing east on W. High St. The unknown driver struck the left side of the Donlen vehicle causing the mirror from it to strike the Heinfeldt vehicle causing damage to the rear hatch, roof, and passenger-side rear door window. The unknown driver fled the scene. The passenger side mirror from the unknown vehicle was recovered at the scene and secured into an evidence locker at the MVPD.
- An unknown driver was backing out of a parking lot on Coshocton Ave. and struck an unoccupied vehicle owned by Connie S. Garner. The unknown driver left the scene without leaving any information.
- An officer was dispatched to a Coshocton Ave. business on a report of a theft. When the officer arrived he spoke with the complainants and suspects. The complainants told the officer their employees were stealing money. The officer collected statements from the complainants and suspects. This report is being forwarded to MVPD detectives for further investigation.
- An officer was patrolling Arch Park on Arch Ave. and discovered vandalism to a picnic table. The suspect is unknown.
- An officer spoke with the complainant who reported his Nintendo Switch game had been stolen. The complainant did not know the value of the system but reported he still owed $400 to Rent-To-Own to pay it off. The complainant also said the controllers and wires were taken with the console. The complainant did not have a serial number for the unit. Any new information will be supplemented to this report.
- An officer responded to W. High St. on a report of found drugs. The officer received the drugs and placed them into an evidence locker at the MVPD.
- Two officers responded to N. Main St. on a report of domestic violence. Gregory M. Mehrle was arrested and charged with domestic violence and assault. He was transported to the Knox County Jail.
- Units were dispatched to an apartment complex on Coshocton Ave. on a report of a man with a gun. Contact was made with a male who was carrying an air pistol. After speaking with the male he said he did not want the air gun any more and requested the officer take it. The gun was secured into an evidence locker.
- Vandalism was discovered at Riverside Park. The suspect is unknown and the case is closed.
Arrests and Citations
- Jared Speck, 33, Harcourt Rd. was cited for DUS and charged with Marijuana drug paraphernalia.
- Josiah Burney, 25, Mallard Pt. was cited for expired or unlawful plates.
- Travis Hollar, 26, Howard, was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Jacob Ross, 18, Thayer Rd, was charged with drug abuse and window tint.
- Scott Tyler, 30, New Gambier Rd. was cited for speed.
- Rebecka Clinard, 22, Crestline, was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead.
- Joseph Duffey, 18, New Gambier Rd. was cited for driving under suspension or revocation and charged with marijuana drug paraphernalia.
- Chase Stevens, 28, Fredericktown, was cited for DUS.
- Jo Ann Eddy, 67, Gambier, was cited for running a red light.
- Sherry Haenisch, 40, Howard, was cited for failure to obey a traffic control device.
- Nickolas Cutlip, 20, Granville Rd. was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Sandra Mowery, 59, Loudonville, was cited for failure to control/weaving.
- Joshua Coleman, 22, N. Mulberry St. was cited for running a stop sign.
- Anna Morris, 38, Lexington, was cited for DUS and failure to control/weaving course.
- Jacquelene Shoemaker, 39, Wooster Rd. was cited for driving in continuous/marked lanes.
- Gregory Mehrle, 37, was arrested and charged with domestic violence and assault.
- Michelle Garcia, 32, New Delaware Rd. was cited for driving under FRA suspension and driving an unsafe vehicle.
- David Davidson, 52, Bellville, was cited for expired or unlawful license plates.
- William Fuller, 37, Greenwood Ave. was cited for DUS.
- Elizabeth ills, 34, Gahanna, was arrested and charged with possession of drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Daniel Smith, 36, Marysville, OH, was arrested and charged with drug abuse and marijuana drug paraphernalia.
- Phillip Stetson, 42, Newark Rd. was arrested for carrying concealed weapons.
- Alexa Gregory, 22, Defiance, OH, was cited for expired or unlawful plates.