MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Dale G. Harstine was traveling north-west on Harcourt Rd. When turning west onto Ohio 229. Harstine was struck by Nancy J. Stout who was traveling south-east. Stout ran the red light at the intersection and struck the rear tandem axle of Harstine's vehicle. A witness at the scene stated Harstine had the green light. Stout was cited for running the red light.
- Michael B. Mescher was traveling west on W. Ohio Ave. entering the intersection of S. mulberry St. with a green light for east and west bound traffic. Sara S. Carnes was traveling south on S. Mulberry St. and struck the rear passenger-side door of Mescher's vehicle. in the intersection. Carnes was cited for running a red light.
- Amelia M. Ruckman slowed for traffic northbound on N. Sandusky St. and was struck in the rear by Floyd A. Daubenmeir. Jr.
- A juvenile was riding a bicycle southbound on N. Elm St. when he ran a stop sign at the intersection of N. Elm and W. Walnut streets. The juvenile was hit in the intersection by Valerie C. Bertrand who was traveling west on W. Walnut St.
- John V. Hmung and Sherry Main were in a Coshocton Ave. business's parking lot. Main was properly parked in a spot when Hmung attempted to pull through and sideswiped Main's vehicle. Hmung was cited for changing lanes without safety.
- Dylan Jay Kessler was on Coshocton Ave. attempting to make a left-hand turn onto Sychar Rd. and was struck by Timothy Joyner who was traveling west on Coshocton Ave. Kessler was cited for failing to yield when turning left.
- Rebecca L. Llewellyn was traveling west through the Town Center Shell station parking lot. Barret E. Skillman was parked facing east at pump #3. Llewellyn side-swiped Skillman in passing. Llewellyn was cited for failure to control.
- A female who lives on W. Vine St. reported a burglary. She indicated an unknown person entered her residence and removed property that was issued to her from the probation department. The female believed the residence was locked. The officer contacted the business across the street about any possible security video but has not heard from them. There are no suspects at this time.
- Officers were dispatched to the 300 block of Braddock St. for a telephone harassment complaint. The complainant stated her husband, Gregory A. Hurlow had sent her a threatening text message. She indicated she had a protection order against him. The protection order was verified and Hurlow was located. He was secured in handcuffs and transported to the Knox County Jail for violating a protection order.
- Officers were dispatched to a theft complaint at a residence on W. Chestnut St. Danielle Davidson was arrested and charged with theft and burglary.
- An officer was dispatched to the 600 block of S. McKenzie St. for a harassment incident. The officer made contact with the complainant who advised her ex-boyfriend was texting her multiple times going to her work multiple times and following her when she leaves. The complainant also reported the ex-boyfriend had stolen the password to he Social Security account and had logged in. A warrant was issued.
- Units were dispatched to 1000 Coshocton Ave. on a report of a male with a gun attempting to gain entry to the Super 8 A report was taken. There is nothing further to report.
Arrests and Citations
- William Kidd, 40, Marion St. was arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- Heather Hagner, 29, Old Delaware Rd. was arrested on a warrant for probation violation.
- Patrick Osewski, 28, Old Delaware Rd. was cited for expired or unlawful license plates.
- Nancy Stout, 80, Sunbury, was cited for running a red light.
- Destiny Stone, 25, Upper Gilchrist Rd. warrant for probation violation..
- Sara Carnes,l 38, Pine St. was cited for running a red light.
- Floyd Daubenmier, 66, Weaver Rd. was cited for assured clear distance ahead.
- Steven Miller, 31, Franklin St. Arrest on outstanding warrant.
- Brittany Tomlin, 30, Follin Ave. was arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- Katelan Null, 26, Follin Ave. was cited for expired or unlawful plates.
- Darren Kramer, 41, N. Clinton St. was cited for seat belt required.
- Danielle Davidson, 20, Prospect St. was arrested and charged with theft without consent and Criminal trespass
- Gregory Hurlow, 27, McGibney Rd.was arrested for violating a protection order, Domestic Violence, and aggravated menacing.
- Tyler Smith, 24, N. mulberry St. was arrested and charged with theft.
- Ashley Hudgel, 29, Mount Gilead, was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- Troy Fisher, 20, N. Mulberry St. failure to display plates.
- John Hmung, 22, Galloway OH, was cited for changing lanes without safety.
- Michael Hall, 20, McGugin Dr. was charged with telecommunications harassment, menacing by stalking, and aggravated menacing.
- Dylan Kessler, 20, Old Delaware Rd. was cited for failure to yield when turning left.
- Benjamin Torreso, 21, Coshocton Ave. was cited for operators/chauffeurs license required.
- Amber Gantt, 35, S. McKenzie St., citation.
- Michael Miller, 36, Walnut St. no motorcycle endorsement.
- Rebecca Llewellyn, 62, Gambier, was cited for failure to control.
- Justin Bean, 32, Highland Dr. was arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- Stephen Ocheltree, 41, Piketon, was arrested on a warrant for probation violation.
- Bradley Grubaugh, 27, Fredericktown, was cited for a red light violation.