MOUNT VERNON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Karen L. Lawrence attempted to enter the traffic lane eastbound on E. High St. from a marked parking spot. She pulled into the path of Clay W. Gallagher and was struck. Lawrence was cited for starting and backing vehicles.
- Landon K. Zouvalekov was westbound on Coshocton Ave. And struck the rear of Christian Lynn Hoeflich who had slowed in traffic. His caused Hoeflich to strike the rear of Richard Piar who had also slowed for traffic ahead.
- Eileen M. Day was traveling west on Ames St. and stopped at the intersection with Newark Rd. Sally Rodriguez was traveling south on Newark Rd. approaching the intersection with Ames St. Rodriguez did not have a stop signal at the intersection and Day crossed over Newark R. failing to yield the right of way to Rodriguez who struck Day. Day was cited for running a stop sign.
- Michelle McCain was traveling east on Howard St. when a large dog struck the side of the vehicle.
- An unknown driver and Dakota Allen Wooden were traveling south on Newark Rd. Wooden was turning into McDonald's when the unknown vehicle allegedly struck Wooden's vehicle. The two drivers exchanged words then the unknown driver left the area without providing Wooden with any information or his name.
- Emily R. Dunn was traveling west on Mount Vernon Ave. and crossed the double line to enter the turn lane at Newark Rd. 2Scott A. Cline was pulling out of Foundry Alley and was struck by Dunn. Dunn was cited for hazardous/no passing zones.
- A female complainant came to the MVPD to report a domestic violence incident. He complainant indicated the incident took place at her place of residence the previous day. Se said her spouse made a threat to her on which she believed he would follow through. A report was filed.
- At approximately 2:42 PM an officer responded to a report of shoplifting on Upper Gilchrist Rd. When the officer arrived he spoke to the complainant who stated he observed a known female steal merchandise from the store valued at $15.46. A summons was written for petty theft. Written statements were taken and a report filed.
- An officer responded to a Columbus Rd. business in reference to a counterfeit $100 bill. The bill was taken and placed into evidence. The investigation continues.
- An officer responded to the CES Credit Union on a civil matter. A written statement and photographs were obtained. The parties were referred to their respective insurance agencies .The investigation as been closed.
- An officer responded to Mansfield Ave. in reference to a disturbance. A male suspect had left the residence and his whereabouts was unknown. A “be on the lookout” was put out for the suspect.
- Two officers responded to Washington St. in referenced to a domestic dispute. A male resident was arrested for domestic violence and aggravated menacing. He was incarcerated at the Knox County Jail. A temporary protection order was issued at the victim's request.
- An officer responded to a W. Chestnut St. address for a brick trown through a window. There are currently no suspects.
- An officer responded to Ridgewood Ave on a report of vandalism. The caller had reported someone threw a log through a window of her residence. The suspect is unknown.
- An officer responded to a Sychar Rd. apartment on a theft complainant. The investigation is active.
- Acts of criminal trespass and damaging were reported to the MVPD.
- An officer responded to a Coshocton Ave. business on a report of theft. When the officer arrived he spoke to the complainant who had a male suspect detained for shoplifting. The suspect admitted he had tried to return an item he had not purchased to get money to pay for his other items. The suspect was issued a summons for petty theft and advised of is court date.
Arrests and Citations
- Edward Horn, 61, Shirley Ave. was cited for expired or unlawful license plates.
- Karen Lawrence, 70, Fairgrounds Rd. was cited for starting and backing vehicles.
- Ashley Hudgel, 29, Mount Gilead, was arrested for theft.
- Landlon Zouvalekov, 17, Roosevelt Ave. was cited for failure to maintain assured clear distance ahead.
- Christian Hoeflich, 20, Gambier, was cited for DUS.
- Douglas Blanchard, 52, Danville, was arrested for open container.
- Eileen Day, 57, Columbus, was cited for running a stop sign.
- Kevin Ford, 39, Gambier, was cited for driving under 12 point suspension.
- Brandon Rowe, 33, W. Curtis St. was arrested for an outstanding warrant
- Megan Carroll, 28, Coshocton, was arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- James Shuler, 47, Washington St. was arrested and charged with domestic violence and aggravated menacing.
- Timothy McCarty, 42, E. Ohio Ave. was cited for DUS.
- Robert Moss, 27, E. Ohio Ave. was cited for driving under suspension/revocation.
- Desteni Smail, 20, Rangeline Rd. was cited for expired or unlawful plates and fictitious registration.
- Steven Gilardi, 28, Southridge Dr. was cited for expired or unlawful plates.
- Joshua Posey, 37, Sycamore Rd. was arrested or drug abuse.
- Jason Nehr, 47, Sychar Rd. was arrested and charged with drug abuse and marijuana drug paraphernalia. He was also cited for expired or unlawful plates.
- Emily Dunn, 18 St. Louisville, was cited for a no passing zone violation.
- Jamie Parker, 23, W. Vine St. was arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- Jadie Sacks, 18, E. Chestnut, was cited for speed.
- Abraham Lindsay, 28, Newark Rd. was cited for DUS.
- Thomas Sheets, 34, W. Chestnut St. was cited for expired or unlawful license plates.
- James Stone, 32, Howard was arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- Jonathan Brown, 49, N. Norton St. was arrested for theft.